IGNORED

James Ferraro - Human Story 3

Herr Jan

New album by James Ferraro has been released today!

https://jjamesferraro.bandcamp.com/album/human-story-3

a musing on hyper individualism and
the marketability of neotenous plastics
We’ve seen the invention of the latte, yoga, cloud computing, we've seen our selves in a plethora of unnatural places and commercial simulacra, crisis and human achievement in perpetual twilight. where will the 21st century human story go next?

So far it sounds like a mix between Zappa's Jazz from Hell and OPN's R+7 (CREDIT DISCLAIMER: although it was Ferraro coming up with that style)

Ferraro has been mentioned in the vaporwave a lot but this is the first Zappa comparison ive seen but its an apt one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I liked the BEBETUNE$ and Sushi albums best, but NYC Hell 3 Am was good too, and I'm hoping this'll be more on the thematic side like that, and less Far Side Virtual. I can't get into the extreme cheese

speaking for my self here: I can't find this aesthetic anything other than stale at this point

I think the fact it's been emulated or expanded on by others hasn't helped. Arca, fatima al qadiri, Holly Herndon, OPN, etc.

Ferraro still stands out from most vaporwave lately though, at least in his artistic aims, whereas most of that scene is just rehashing 90s IDM and ambient with circlejerk praise and nice but increasingly uninspired artwork

Had this on repeat all evening yesterday, it's top notch. No regrets pre-ordering the tape.

speaking for my self here: I can't find this aesthetic anything other than stale at this point

I think the fact it's been emulated or expanded on by others hasn't helped. Arca, fatima al qadiri, Holly Herndon, OPN, etc.

Ferraro still stands out from most vaporwave lately though, at least in his artistic aims, whereas most of that scene is just rehashing 90s IDM and ambient with circlejerk praise and nice but increasingly uninspired artwork

Agreed, feeling this guy a lot more than those others. Been on a huge Ferraro binge lately, especially Cold / Sushi / Suki Girlz, the latter is quickly becoming one of my fave albums of all time.

Didn't even know about BEBETUNE$, so thanks ganus. Love that era / sound of him.

^I think he has a less pretentious vibe as well. Same with the stuff Keith Rankin does - (Orange Milk records, Giant Claw, death's dynamic shroud.wmv)

some of the best outsider music I've heard lately has come from him or stuff from his label

I don't regret buying the tape either.

What's with his obsession with lattes and Priuses? I could do without the text-to-speech for the most part.

me too

3 years ago, it was awesome and used to listen to him all the time, now I find it pretty boring.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't regret buying the tape either.

What's with his obsession with lattes and Priuses? I could do without the text-to-speech for the most part.

He seems to focus priuses a lot, but then again they are all over california.

In general though I would say that things like hybrid cars and coffee shop franchises are pretty much everywhere in the US now, not just urban and suburban places. Any exburb and decent sized town seems to have a starbucks now, as if even those in rural and seemingly un-hip flyover states can escape into a sense of false sophistication instead of more stereotypical corporate sprawl in te form of mcdonalds or wal-mart.

just an assumption

I'm digging what I've heard so far, I haven't listened to it entirely but when I saw this:

It seemed like maybe a post Human Story 3 world after whatever happens happens.

‘Nøtel’, an “evacuated, fully automated, luxury hotel” which operates in some of kind of post-human scenario.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I've bought this on the day I made this thread and I've yet to receive the tape. No reply on my emails from Ferraro as well. Heard some people that already have it, but Europeans are still without? 

Yeah not got mine either. Forgot all about it tbh.

:^)

• 1 month later...

Archived