IGNORED

Behringer Synth

pH1

Yeah man, if its a modern juno with extra conveniences, like decent patch library & controls..  im hoping the modulation takes it into alpha territory - new 'what the....?' rave hoover styles etc   thats one thing I like about my dsi pro 2 is the PW modulation on all the oscs but its quite brittle sounding, dunno if DCO would sound different in that regard

seems quite cool, we just need more demos & specs

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to google that $999 to make sure it was an actual projection not just a guess, seemed a bit too good to be true (if it lives up to its potential).  From sonicstate:

One major factor appears to have been that with so much interest, Behringer have been able to renegotiate their parts pricing and therefore reduce the end cost based on these negotiations.

Yeah the $999.99 is the price!!!

Now lets speculate :)

Everyone buys one and it has a 'sound' that spawns a new genre?? Behricore????

Chords become fashionable and there is a run on music theory books?

A $299 Behringer eurorack modular is planned codename '10 Emersons'.... Comes with its own roadie!

Every other synth manufacturer closes......

Melda stuff's great, I can't afford to get much of it but the Multiband Convolution one is one of my go-to reverbs.

For the past couple of years I've been slowly getting them as they become on sale (they whack on 4 at 50% off every week and I normally go for 1 of them) and eventually when the MTotalBundle becomes a reasonable price (every purchase you make counts towards the bundle) as a result of being on sale I'm gonna bite the bullet and grab the whole thing. And not be able to eat for the rest of the month ;)

I was doing the same for a while but I only got a few.  Convolution and Delay are the ones I use most.

Forgot to include DDMF Metaplugin in the list of stuff I couldn't do without now that I have it.

Going back ot again, the mmultiband delay is on offer right now, is it worth the money? just wondering what else it brings to the table

Going back ot again, the mmultiband delay is on offer right now, is it worth the money? just wondering what else it brings to the table

It's a *very* digital/clinical sounding delay: Unless you turn the saturation and resonance up there's virtually no colouration to the sound. For €25 it's definitely worth it, probably wouldn't pay much more - though only as I prefer character delays (something giving it a bit of crunchy-dubby-tape-delay goodness), but some people may want it all super clean - In which case it's perfect for that !

ah k, so its probably quite usable for bouncing ball type stuff due to not changing the sound but loads of modulation options..?   yeah at 25 euro right now.

I quite like the sound of the unfiltered audio sandman for character, got a nice bbd thing going on.  Ive also made a reaktor version of the monotron delay which is quite nice n crunchy, although maybe lacking certain charm ive heard in other delays

Melda stuff's great, I can't afford to get much of it but the Multiband Convolution one is one of my go-to reverbs.

For the past couple of years I've been slowly getting them as they become on sale (they whack on 4 at 50% off every week and I normally go for 1 of them) and eventually when the MTotalBundle becomes a reasonable price (every purchase you make counts towards the bundle) as a result of being on sale I'm gonna bite the bullet and grab the whole thing. And not be able to eat for the rest of the month ;)

I was doing the same for a while but I only got a few.  Convolution and Delay are the ones I use most.

Forgot to include DDMF Metaplugin in the list of stuff I couldn't do without now that I have it.

I like it a lot.  Flexible delay inside of a pretty powerful multiband/modulation system that's common to all of Melda's multiband plugins.  I can't imagine being disappointed with it, whether you need it or not. 

But yeah, as noted it's not a character delay, it's more of a sound-designy "transform a simple drum loop into an endlessly evolving, polyrhyhmic beat" type of stuff.

I actually can't remember off the top of my head but I THINK it's possible to rout each band to its own channel if you have a DAW that supports multichannel audio on a single track (reaper), which would open up a whole lot more possibilities when you started adding more plugins to each band, but again I'd have to check the manual to be sure. These days I mostly go for cheap hardware delays for character so I haven't been using it much the past couple years.

Checked the manual and it looks like it's not quite as simple as channel-per-band multichannel i/o, but it does do up to 8 channels so you should be able to bypass the delay and use it as a pretty sophisticated crossover, which could be good, too.

Anyway, it's very, very deep and that's a good price for what it does.

Yeah I was looking at another plug of theirs with the idea of 8 channel something (i wrote it in my 'zoned notes') but cant remember what it was i was thinking at the time. 

I like the preset system as well, with separate presets within for things like envelopes & then main presets for the whole plug.

Im a big fan of decent preset/librarian systems - all the synths with those functionality I tend to use a lot, quite looking forward to getting soundtower for my Q rack.. 

if behringer nail a good librarian for the DM12 it will make me more interested

Been using Soundtower for my Wavestation SR for a couple years, definitely has some dated/annoying GUI choices and apparently they no longer have the manual (it doesn't come with it when you download the full version, and when I emailed them they said they'd lost the PDF at some point so they couldn't supply documentation anymore) but it does the job, and works well once you get used to the windows 98 era workflow choices they made.  It feels OLD but so does the synth so it's kind of appropriate.  Eventually I'm going to pick up their Quadrasynth editor so I don't have to keep squinting at the screen on my S4.

most likely the modded jx-3p w/programmer will be leaving to make room and $ for this until a possible rackmount comes out. I love that old roland, but it's not the most flexible synth, aside from its super fuckin awesome polyphonic 128 step sequencer. Even with the mod it lags on midi hard from non-hardware sources whereas most of the others don't. 

so hard to let them go. 

also hope the desktop one is a lot cheaper.  Im now getting into not-much-more-room territory in my studio

I could see it being in Moog Mother32 territory based on the keyboard price, which would be pretty amazing.

I dont have any experience with it but I did like the jx3p tone on the boutique synths more than the others, I guess for being different from the auto-lush™ that is the juno sound that ive heard before countless times.  Can they even do weird & eerie ?

interesting, has DCO drift but also parameter drift

no split

the unison detuned poly at ~18:00 sounded quite nice to me

dimension D model, fairchild model, a few interesting other fx that I dont know

you can modulate some of the FX parameters 

you can modulate the amount of mod matrix

sample & glide LFO which he says might be a wogglebug waveform

chord mode plus program a chord to a key and then make another chord and program to another key so you can progress by one note skills

well that was a waste of time, we never got to hear any of it 

yeah, would have liked to hear some demo'ing, but then it would be over skype compression and I think dude was afraid to show of his keyboarding skills ;) .

Guest bitroast

interesting, has DCO drift but also parameter drift

no split

the unison detuned poly at ~18:00 sounded quite nice to me

dimension D model, fairchild model, a few interesting other fx that I dont know

you can modulate some of the FX parameters 

you can modulate the amount of mod matrix

sample & glide LFO which he says might be a wogglebug waveform

chord mode plus program a chord to a key and then make another chord and program to another key so you can progress by one note skills

mmm nice. the video itself was pretty boring (very boring**) but the synth is pretty cool. 

the menu diving looks pretty straight forward.. as opposed to having to flick thru pages to find the right setting or whatever. 

I feel its a biiiiit of a letdown with the osc shapes, but its a juno right..  they were limited & they are copying that limitation.

Jupiter 8 clone on the cards?

Archived