IGNORED

Behringer Synth

pH1

Yeah, it would have been nice to have at least a second waveform on oscillator 2, cross modulation and an audio input but I was hoping for a juno then expecting a juno and we got a juno, o I'm cool with that.  The modulation options look great for what it is.

EDIT: come to think of it, an audio input for the filter wouldn't even really make sense in a true poly anyhow, since it's filter-per-note, so all you'd realistically get with it would be access to the effects, nice but not a huge deal.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very safe of them innit.   its a juno, will sound great.

I wanted it to do the alpha juno hoover thing which it wont..  i'll have to go back to trying to make it sound good on my pro2 and failing

funny enough I was just thinking that earlier after I posted this..  cheap as chips!  

Im trying to make a hoover+ if thats even possible. I like my modulation matrixes & being able to bend things a lot..  Made some good distorted reeses along the way but for some reason cant seem to nail anything properly satisfying  :dry:

Yeah but it doesnt sound as good, I cant get it right.    Pro2 allows for saw & super saw PWM & envelopes routed everywhere..  Part of the sound is in the chorus, sure but its also in the way it moves.  Ive had a few days trying to get something like it but somehow different but its not easy :)

It sounds good right? I think it will probably be a pretty awesome synth for people who really like hitting keys or people playing in bands. I imagine people who want to use Sequenced based work flows looking elsewhere. 

Here's the settings for *that* hoover sound in Redominator if it's of any use (though probably not)

hoover.jpg

Cheers, I have been using another vst video to try and nail it. 

@digman, I think it will also appeal to people who like modern perks but also want that old roland sound. If it does nail it, that is. Im particularly interested as if behringers acquisition of that chip company means they can make certain chips & they are happy making clone  synths then we might get more of the greats for cut-down cost.

yeah why isnt this a thing on all polys since

It seems like whenever a synth even has some kind of "chorder" function these days it reharmonizes, so you have to set a base key and scale type at minimum and then you're still not getting old-style chord memory, you're getting something different.

It seemed kind of minor when I posted before but thinking about it now it seems like a sign that Uli&co. were really paying attention to what makes the synths this is based on good, which is something the companies who actually created the originals mostly stopped doing a couple decades ago. Obviously cutting production costs is the main reason companies like Roland are stuck on VAs still but another real factor is that they probably haven't employed any engineers with real world analog synthesizer design experience since the 90s. I know for a fact from having known about half a dozen people who worked there through the development cycle that that's the reason the Akai rhythm wold was so bad - their engineering team was all people who had spent their whole careers designing digital devices and were basically reinventing the wheel while also not having any idea what made a good piece of analog gear.

So it's nice to see a larger company actually doing it right, and kind of ironic that it's Behringer.

3:00, and he is playing chords, but I cant tell if its poly or not...  im on my laptop & the speakers are rubbish, im only hearing one whoosh from the filter.

It sounds mono to me after listening to it a few times, but maybe hes just not showing it off?

Guest Chesney

fuck that though. Yeah, it's behringer and thousands will buy it but there are thousands of 106's out there too.

It looks really good and glad people are taking the display idea further like the blofeld without going stupid like a workstation.

I will have to hear it with my own ears to see whether i'll bite but the specs are literally what I have been craving for a long time.

3:00, and he is playing chords, but I cant tell if its poly or not...  im on my laptop & the speakers are rubbish, im only hearing one whoosh from the filter.

It sounds mono to me after listening to it a few times, but maybe hes just not showing it off?

I asked on youtube and SoS says it's not (unsurprisingly).

fuck that though. Yeah, it's behringer and thousands will buy it but there are thousands of 106's out there too.

It looks really good and glad people are taking the display idea further like the blofeld without going stupid like a workstation.

I will have to hear it with my own ears to see whether i'll bite but the specs are literally what I have been craving for a long time.

Yeah, I mean, I'm 100% sold on this unless there's some kind of disastrous hardware flaw in the initial release, and I get the feeling they're going to be really on point with this thing.

Already called in a couple old debts and got some side work lined up for September, so I should have at least $750 set aside by October no problem.

I like the idea of having an effect in the box with it. Sometimes the cheapness of those itb effects is more fun than loads of expensive ones. Either way, nice to see more synths!!

I like the idea of having an effect in the box with it. Sometimes the cheapness of those itb effects is more fun than loads of expensive ones. Either way, nice to see more synths!!

For sure.

Guest Chesney

I'm not so sure about the effects. I feel they enhanced the Prophet 6 so much that people will rely on them far too much and you will be able to pick out the sound everywhere (that won't strictly be the case, not everyone gives a shit)

It's really fun to have effects on board for the insta satisfaction of course. It does stop people working hard for new sounds I think.

Archived