IGNORED

EPL 2016-2017

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, I'm the one who's delusional, not the guy who supports the team that was just beaten 4-0 by a team who was beaten 2-1 at home by Liverpool, who are six points higher in the table than them and have scored 7 more goals already this season, despite the other, shitter, team having spent the budget of a small country on new players.

lol

And yet you lot were unable to beat the supposed "shitter" team. At home. And complaining about the spending of another team. Tsk.

Well I'd expect nothing less from a small club supporter.

a small club mentality can grind out away draws, hardly big news, but not something you'd expect United to be lowering themselves to, and it's not going to win them any silverware. we've put in another great attacking performance tonight (though it was 11 changes against a similarly freshened Spurs side), just like at the weekend and for pretty much the entire season so far. we look to win games by scoring goals, the opposite of a small club mentality. enjoy the coming years of mediocrity, your club might actually learn some humility in the process. other fans will probably hate you less after a while.

Good reaction to the Chelsea loss, even if it was playing a poor Citeh. Still, onwards and upwards. Hoping we smash Burnley at the weekend. - We have a good run of league matches coming up to build on.

Can't wait for the next round of the Mourinho show now. Again disciplined by the FA and now sent to the stands at half time. And more points dropped for united.
He's just such a pissy little loser. How can he ever bring stability and structure to a team when his own behaviour is so reactionary and lacking discipline?

Sacked by January.

If Arsenal can't win the league this year, I hope Liverpool get it. Klopp deserves it. Very likeable guy and a fantastic all round manager.

Can't wait for the next round of the Mourinho show now. Again disciplined by the FA and now sent to the stands at half time. And more points dropped for united.

He's just such a pissy little loser. How can he ever bring stability and structure to a team when his own behaviour is so reactionary and lacking discipline?

Sacked by January.

If Arsenal can't win the league this year, I hope Liverpool get it. Klopp deserves it. Very likeable guy and a fantastic all round manager.

I agree, Mourinho has never brought stability to a team, he can get results in the short-term but you can only maintain a siege mentality for so long. Ideally I'd like to see him become the Portuguese Pulis, grinding out results to keep teams from being relegated, it would suit his style of football.

Sacked by January.

I agree, Mourinho has never brought stability to a team, he can get results in the short-term but you can only maintain a siege mentality for so long. Ideally I'd like to see him become the Portuguese Pulis, grinding out results to keep teams from being relegated, it would suit his style of football.

I'm not sure he really has the man management qualities required to walk into a damaged dressing room and motivate players through bad results.

He needs to be able to take defeats without publicly criticizing players. Without substituting players in the first half hour of a match. Without getting himself into trouble with his mouth etc etc.

I used to have a lot of respect for him but in recent years his poor character has been exposed badly.

He doesn't seem to be capable of accepting responsibility for anything in a mature and professional way.

I think he really showed himself up with the trash talking about Wenger, the treatment of the Chelsea physio and the whole Schweinsteiger thing. The little bitch comments in Contes ear after the 4-0 defeat were shameful too. I don't think he learned any lessons from the bad Chelsea season. He always seems like he's maybe only a 2 or 3 defeats streak away from a total public meltdown which gets him sacked again. For all his talk about Wengers baron spell, I don't think Mourinho will ever win another Premier League trophy. Wengers final one is coming this May :)

And mine will be coming a week from now when FM17 drops. With Sunderland.

The whole Schweinsteiger thing? What nonsense - regardless of whether or not you think he should be in the squad, Mourinho clearly didn't think so. He told Schweinsteiger that, and offered him the option to leave. Schweinsteiger of course, said, no thank you, I'll stick around and pick up my tidy wage packet (for which I don't blame him one bit). Obviously he would rather be playing for United, but he's not. And I say this as a huge fan of Schweinsteiger and a tepid supporter of Mourinho.

11 shots on target, fucks sake, someone has to put one in. I mean, we kept Burnley pretty well hemmed in for virtually the whole second half, even after the second bullshit yellow on Herrera, but need to score some of those chances. Yes Heaton had a few terrific stops, but some of them grrr. Just one of those days though.

The whole Schweinsteiger thing? What nonsense - regardless of whether or not you think he should be in the squad, Mourinho clearly didn't think so. He told Schweinsteiger that, and offered him the option to leave. Schweinsteiger of course, said, no thank you, I'll stick around and pick up my tidy wage packet (for which I don't blame him one bit). Obviously he would rather be playing for United, but he's not. And I say this as a huge fan of Schweinsteiger and a tepid supporter of Mourinho.

11 shots on target, fucks sake, someone has to put one in. I mean, we kept Burnley pretty well hemmed in for virtually the whole second half, even after the second bullshit yellow on Herrera, but need to score some of those chances. Yes Heaton had a few terrific stops, but some of them grrr. Just one of those days though.

I was actually referring to the time Mourinho snuck into his house, touched up his wife and left a crabstick in the airing cupboard but whatevs.

I was actually referring to the time Mourinho snuck into his house, touched up his wife and left a crabstick in the airing cupboard but whatevs.

Oh you mean "doing a Giggs".

Another very good attacking performance from us, Coutinho was great. We should've scored a few more, but made up for it by scoring two goals from a set-piece, which is a rarity. We defended well again when they put us under pressure in the second half, though our defensive problems seem to be far more pronounced when we're not being put under pressure for some reason. Still not convinced about Karius, he's young though, and I seem to remember De Gea being shit for the first few months of his United career, so hopefully he'll improve. Matip is turning out to be a brilliant signing though, not bad for a free transfer.

United game was hilarious, they actually played quite well, but a mixture of poor finishing, outstanding goalkeeping and bad luck kept them out. Ibrahimovic played really well in the buildup, nice linkup with Mata as well, he really should've put at least one of chances away though. His worst goal scoring drought now for a long long time. Also good to see Mourinho losing the plot already, facing an FA charge, getting sent to the stands, might be looking at a stadium ban now, won't be long before he tries to fire the United tea lady, or starts poking people in the eye. I always thought he was an overrated manager (obviously he's a good manager, but definitely not one of the greats), very lucky to get the appointments he did at the times he got them, hopefully he'll be damaged goods after this spell.

Chelsea looked very good today, incredibly solid, broke really well, and held onto the ball when they needed to as well. They definitely seem over their mini-wobble now, I predicted it would between them and City at the start, think I'll stick with that for now. Arsenal looking good as well though, they've suffered from a lot of inconsistency in recent years, think they bought very well in the summer though so they might be able to mount a proper challenge for a change now. Spurs look very limp up front, will be a struggle to remain in the top four unless they can sort that out quickly.

how does it feel to have clop as your manager, he's top class 

it's been fun. he certainly brings plenty of enthusiasm to the game, there's obviously a genuine bond with all the players, hugs work! I thought it was a bit harsh on Rodgers to get rid of him so quickly, he'd done a good job for the most part, but we obviously didn't want to pass up the opportunity to get Klopp, he might well have gone to United otherwise, so it was a great idea.

yeah, we were breathtaking going forward at times. watford were poor in defence too, but we were also a bit sloppy in terms of finishing, could have had a few more. sturridge's effort Pantilimon pushed onto the bar was sublime, would've been some goal, he could've had a hat-trick off the bench in fact. still only a single clean sheet all season in the league though, really need to sort that out. another fucking international break now, annoying. we're really going to miss Mané when he heads off to the ACN in January, he's been a revelation for us, will miss his pace and directness (though maybe Origi can do a similar job).

yeah, we were breathtaking going forward at times. watford were poor in defence too, but we were also a bit sloppy in terms of finishing, could have had a few more. sturridge's effort Pantilimon pushed onto the bar was sublime, would've been some goal, he could've had a hat-trick off the bench in fact. still only a single clean sheet all season in the league though, really need to sort that out. another fucking international break now, annoying. we're really going to miss Mané when he heads off to the ACN in January, he's been a revelation for us, will miss his pace and directness (though maybe Origi can do a similar job).

Forgot that Mané would be going on international duty.  Looking at the schedule, assuming no injury and not needing additional rest he'd miss United, Swansea, Chelsea and Hull.  Would imagine two of those won't matter.  The other two though he'll be sorely missed.  Hope he can join back up for the match against Spurs on 2/11.  The ACN finals are 2/5.

I've started watching matches with the volume muted now because the commentators and pundits are annoying me.

They describe so many defensive errors as being "schoolboy stuff". I don't know what schools they went to but when we played during lunch hour there was no such thing as tactics. There weren't even positions. In fact the only thing you might describe as a tactic was rush goalie which was pretty much every match. Or trying to do volleys while hanging from the basketball hoop in the nearby estate pen/cage thing.

Also applauding the referee when he finally awards your team a free kick is not ironic.

And every single goal isn't necessarily a well taken fantastic finish.

Fuck these generic, repeating cunts. Muted from now on.

• 4 weeks later...

wtf is with Klopp's appearance in sketchy gambling adverts?

poor judgement from a manager who seemed to have a "normal human" setting in his personality repertoire

went down a few pegs in my estimations urging cunts to bet on average scoring minute factoids

sky used to have a thing where you could just listen to the crowd noise, fuckers got rid of it though.

I don't get why this isn't a thing, it would be so simple to do.

Archived