IGNORED

A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Here, Thank You for Your Service

Nebraska

I know, the nerve right!

I should expound, this hits me so hard personally, I grew up with these guys and bought Peoples Instinctive Travels on cassette with allowance money.  In a world where so much many of the things I was into as a youth have gone to shit, dudes have kept it real.  When I first heard the Space Program, Tip verse comes in, right with that layered snare shot - I swear its the same as the one on EPMD's So Watchya Sayin - sent a fucking lightning bolt up my spine.

It's so surreal, in the dumpster fire of 2016 Tribe comes back outta nowhere to drop 20 megatonnes of science... knowing that in the end it was all good between Q-Tip and Phife, and Jarobi actually dropping several verses - dope ones at that, after maybe 25 years of in/out/on the doelow - what??  And everything on point too, production, guest joints with zero pretense... like oh there's Busta again, cool.  Whattt???

Oh and memo to Jack White, if that electric guitar noodling on the second disc was your only contribution to the album then fuck you!

nvm, I see on wikipaedo that he's on other tracks, we cool bruv

Archived