IGNORED

The NAMM 2017 thread

d-a-m-o

The audio on the ig vids is made on digitak ofc. Seems obv to me.

I might be trading out some gear soon. Something in the middle of the simplicity of the op1 and complexity of the tempest/rytm.

Imo the point of gear is dedicated functionality. Sound is secondary, since if you're good you can make anything sound like "you"

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has cowbell on 5...

5-Kuh-Dorf-Jugend.jpg

The audio on the ig vids is made on digitak ofc. Seems obv to me.

I might be trading out some gear soon. Something in the middle of the simplicity of the op1 and complexity of the tempest/rytm.

Imo the point of gear is dedicated functionality. Sound is secondary, since if you're good you can make anything sound like "you"

wow sounds like a sweet drum machine then

I love all the people on fb saying "why only 64mb, why only 8 MIDI tracks" when most of them have huge rigs with 2 heats and 2 rytms and still can't make anything listenable.

lol so true

btw, this thing makes me love my machinedrum (and monomachine) even more. ammmm, so far.

also, now we can fantasize about Diginote

If it sounds good, I might be tempted to sell my machinedrum to get one. Polyrhythm/meter stuff is too good of a selling point for me, and it's about time elektron put that kind of sequencing in a digital drum machine!

If it sounds good, I might be tempted to sell my machinedrum to get one. Polyrhythm/meter stuff is too good of a selling point for me, and it's about time elektron put that kind of sequencing in a digital drum machine!

uf yes! it's the only feature that i miss in md

Well, I asked Simon in the IRC if the audio was 100% DT and he said no. But we can assume all the drums were sequenced on it. The smart thing would be if the audio was the DT being fed into the heat.

I think we can also assume the reverby samply loopy stuff was made on DT.

The  PO-32 tonic is so good news

the first time I saw the "tin tonic edition" a decade ago or so, I thought it would be awesome to play with microtonic on a small device like that tin.

now it happens somehow, nice ;)

08_Tintonic.jpg

Well, I asked Simon in the IRC if the audio was 100% DT and he said no. But we can assume all the drums were sequenced on it. The smart thing would be if the audio was the DT being fed into the heat.

I think we can also assume the reverby samply loopy stuff was made on DT.

It's apparently "just" a sampler.. but knowing Elektron it'll probably be pretty deep. I don't mind it being a sampler rather than a sequencer—in fact, part of the reason why I'd be willing to trade my MD for one is because I can generally make more interesting drum sounds on the monomachine (I was actually considering trying to swap my MD for a second MM lol). If it can approach the weirdness/grainy quality of the ES-1 (and with the added bonus of chromatic sampling!) then it'd be a good match for the monomachine imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GemMalyZ0qM

also the splash ad on elektron.se doesn't mention synthesis; it'd be strange if it were capable of synthesis and they didn't mention anything..

I do wonder though, if that means that eventually they'll come out with a similar form factor box that is a digital synth.. I'd say it's not far off if so.

edit: god damn it looks fkn cool

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I like it. I'd be especially interested if it allowed a Circuit-style "sample-flip" per channel. That way I'd be able to sell the Circuit *and* the MD..

what is a sample flip?

Basically the ability to set a different sample per step on one monophonic channel. MD can't really do that unless you cram a bunch of samples into one and adjust the start/end times (and even then it's fiddly); I'm not sure about OT but on the Circuit you can record sample change automation into the sequencer, which makes it interesting for drum sounds..

I dunno man. It says "drum computer" on it, and has dedicated bass drum snare tom labels for the top row.

Yeah, true. I guess we'll see as more details are revealed..

aye k,

yes 100% sure this thing will do that, assuming they just take the sampling from the Rytm, and it totally looks like they do. There's just a regular parameter called "sample slot" which you can p-lock or modulate with the LFO.

in addition, you can also recall entire patches per step (on Rytm and a4 and I don't see why they would not bring it to this one)

I do this shit all the time with programmering, it's great for breakbeats

fuuuuck, alright I reckon this thing will be right up my alley, looks like it could be used to create entire tracks too, and then multitrack them into overbridge? sick

Archived