IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

it concisely points out an aspect of what is going on that is pretty significant. and i like how comey distills these historic, modern, complicated, current issues in such an unassuming dad way.

you can point to poor quality political discussion as a singular, underlying cause for a great deal of macroscopic problems, at least in the US. it is interesting that a major, predatory, adversarial power identified it as the weak point of the united states and has launched a prolonged and sophisticated information/intelligence campaign in order exploit it and weaken the US.

it is actually really important for people to think about what comey is expressing there: that the best way to handle this is to utilize the opportunity to harden our ability to hash things out together, and thereby strengthen what was previously a weakness.

and it's not just an american thing. courteous discussion of complex social issues amidst an environment of information warfare is one of the defining challenges we are overcoming at this point in the evolution of civilization 

Edited by very honest

it concisely points out an aspect of what is going on that is pretty significant. and i like how comey distills these historic, modern, complicated, current issues in such an unassuming dad way. you can point to poor quality political discussion as a singular, underlying cause for a great deal of macroscopic problems, at least in the US. it is interesting that a major, predatory, adversarial power identified it as the weak point of the united states and has launched a prolonged and sophisticated information/intelligence campaign in order exploit it and weaken the US. it is actually really important for people to think about what comey is expressing there: that the best way to handle this is to utilize the opportunity to harden our ability to hash things out together, and thereby strengthen what was previously a weakness. and it's not just an american thing. courteous discussion of complex social issues amidst an environment of information warfare is one of the defining challenges we are overcoming at this point in the evolution of civilization

hear hear

it concisely points out an aspect of what is going on that is pretty significant.

Significance implies that the statement isn't entirely obvious to anyone who has been paying literally any attention to the matters at hand for the last two years. It is not significant in any way. It's middle of the road, smart grampa level sign posting from someone who should really just shut the fuck up at this point.

Edit: nothing else you said was wrong. Nothing Comey said in that tweet was wrong.

Edited by auxien

perhaps things you find to be "obvious smart grandpa" statements are obvious for good reasons.

try "debating issues respectfully" next time you meet a trump supporter, things might be obvious but by no means easy.

Edited by MIXL2

You can debate respectfully with Trump supporters all you want. If they're gone, they're gone. 

Just don't banish all the people that voted for him and aren't part of the cult or have started to internalize that they screwed the pooch. But at the same time, this shouldn't be handled with kids' gloves. Try to come up with a nicer way of saying "fuck your feelings, you got brainwashed" but still mean exactly that, I guess. 

Mixl you're just saying words. They don't make any sense, and they don't mean anything. And further, you can't even stand by them, apparently. Because they're contentless drivel. Worthless waste of forty seconds even replying tbh.

Is a really difficult issue, and I'm pessimistic about we being close to solving it aswell.. how do you promote that people have discussions aimed at learning and not "winning"? how do you promote people to leave their bubbles of comfort zones and consider different worldviews?

especially in this social media age.. iunno, let's hope it sorts itself out before shouting at each other becomes full on mayhem

edit:

Mixl you're just saying words. They don't make any sense, and they don't mean anything. And further, you can't even stand by them, apparently. Because they're contentless drivel. Worthless waste of forty seconds even replying tbh.

Let me spell it out to you then

What I mean is that statements such as "debating issues respectfully" that you find so obvious are by no means a obvious thing. Why should I not be an absolute cunt to say a trump supporter? call them whatever profanities I see fit for them, assume anything they say is pure idiocy? wouldnt the world b a better place if they where gone off the earth anyway?

The way you dismiss apparently everything I have to say as "contentless drivel" just tells me that I can assume you wouldn't discuss respectfully with people who hold different worldviews to yours. If that's how you act against some idiot on a bloody idm forum how would you act on the streets? pathetic.

Edited by MIXL2

So what well reasoned arguments are you defending there? You trolled and people got sick of it. Now you’re acting like a victim. It’s a similar dynamic with Trump supporters, btw.

qgvP8je.jpg

edit:

So what well reasoned arguments are you defending there? You trolled and people got sick of it. Now you’re acting like a victim. It’s a similar dynamic with Trump supporters, btw.

Id say is a similar dynamic all over the internet tbh Edited by MIXL2

So what well reasoned arguments are you defending there? You trolled and people got sick of it. Now you’re acting like a victim.

the argument I was making was that obvious things are by no means obvious or easy to act out, and shouldnt be just cast off as useless drivel. (a platitude I suppose?)

If I was a troll I wouldn't try so bloody hard to find common ground with you people, altough it does amuse me to no end how wound up you guys can become because of good ol bert and his silly ideas

edit: also note I didn't characterize myself as a "victim", i characterized myself as an idiot.

Edited by MIXL2

Is a really difficult issue, and I'm pessimistic about we being close to solving it aswell.. how do you promote that people have discussions aimed at learning and not "winning"? how do you promote people to leave their bubbles of comfort zones and consider different worldviews?

especially in this social media age.. iunno, let's hope it sorts itself out before shouting at each other becomes full on mayhem

edit:

What I mean is that statements such as "debating issues respectfully" that you find so obvious are by no means a obvious thing. Why should I not be an absolute cunt to say a trump supporter? call them whatever profanities I see fit for them, assume anything they say is pure idiocy? wouldnt the world b a better place if they where gone off the earth anyway?

The way you dismiss apparently everything I have to say as "contentless drivel" just tells me that I can assume you wouldn't discuss respectfully with people who hold different worldviews to yours. If that's how you act against some idiot on a bloody idm forum how would you act on the streets? pathetic.

Okay so for one, debating issues respectfully is obvious. I don't know why you would think it's not. I'm not saying everyone adheres to it, but debating issues respectfully is literally a high school course in America. If you're in a society that has access to: public education, or books, then you understand that people are generally supposed to debate issues in a respectful manner. I'm not saying everyone listens to that, obviously, but they know they should. The rest of your questions are just...words. No one is saying that except you, I don't know what you're getting that shit from. A few pages ago I ranted to ambermonk I think about his saying 'fuck all Republicans' because that's not a good way of being. 

I'm dismissing the contentless drivel you're letting out as exactly that. Nothing more, nothing less. You've said plenty that I haven't even acknowledged. Your assumptions are getting the best of you, and I'm being real with you here, you look worse than Limpy used to look...you should really take a step back my dude. Most of the people I discuss politics with in real life are Trump supporters. I'm always respectful, despite some of the ridiculous things they sometimes spout as fact. You don't know me, don't act like it. PM me if you care to continue this conversation.

edit:

Okay so for one, debating issues respectfully is obvious. I don't know why you would think it's not. I'm not saying everyone adheres to it, but debating issues respectfully is literally a high school course in America. If you're in a society that has access to: public education, or books, then you understand that people are generally supposed to debate issues in a respectful manner. I'm not saying everyone listens to that, obviously, but they know they should. The rest of your questions are just...words. No one is saying that except you, I don't know what you're getting that shit from. A few pages ago I ranted to ambermonk I think about his saying 'fuck all Republicans' because that's not a good way of being. 

I'm dismissing the contentless drivel you're letting out as exactly that. Nothing more, nothing less. You've said plenty that I haven't even acknowledged. Your assumptions are getting the best of you, and I'm being real with you here, you look worse than Limpy used to look...you should really take a step back my dude. Most of the people I discuss politics with in real life are Trump supporters. I'm always respectful, despite some of the ridiculous things they sometimes spout as fact. You don't know me, don't act like it. PM me if you care to continue this conversation.

thats a better attitude m9 :)

trump better pull some shenanigans or this thread won't get back on track

yo if you wanna be filled in on jpb here's all you need to know:

so you know the nu metal band p.o.d.? imagine taking their musical talent and translating it across to the 'intellectual' sphere.

sure, I'll take your word for it