IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

If you've got an hour to spend, here's an interesting talk Maggie Haberman did on Trump and his relationship with the press. Whatever you think of her as a journalist, she certainly studies her subject and gives an honest assessment.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/08/15/social-distortion-mike-ness-beating/

Snowflake acts like an asshole at a punk show and gets the shit beat out of him by lefty singer. Wants to use it to meet the band. :cerious:

That's a pretty shitty way to deal with a heckler, but I hear this attitude a lot and it is infuriating:

“I pretty much said I paid for your music, not your politics.”

Like, if you make art that has any intrinsic value beyond a politics, you're supposed to not be political? Nobody would say this to a white supremacist band or even a Christian band, mostly because their music almost definitely sucks.

Did no one tell the guy that people fight at punk shows?

Also, I'm surprised it's Social D that did that. They're barely punk.

Jesus will this guy please go away - an embarrassment to humanity, let alone America:

Lol @ him talking about Obama's fake birth certificate and saying "he has pulled one of the greatest cons in political history."

When his politician parents told him his parade won't be happening, toddler donnie cries in tantrum "Good! I didn't want a stupid parade anyway...I hate you! It's all YOUR fault. You stupid stupidheads! Imma go watch a better parade without you! WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!"

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trumps-military-parade-delayed-2019-57234900

Jesus will this guy please go away - an embarrassment to humanity, let alone America:

Man people don't even bring up the Birther bullshit he peddled years ago. It's surreal to recall that pre-2016 that was literally the only reason he was in the news.

We're in a really tricky time right now because it's futile to get racists and apologists for racist institutions / de facto racism to even acknowledge that it exists. Very few openly racist people exist, even with all of these Nazis and fascists in the open now, instead the gray area of such rhetoric is exapanding. Many are racist subconsciously or through their ideology, which often looks innocuous on the surface. The whole "anti-PC" ethos often falls in the same category. Ironically the same people who espouse this "say it like it is / anti-snowflake" crap are the most sensitive to any criticism or frank talk calling them out.

interesting comments from a couple of people in the arie melber thingy. especially from that fmr. lt col that quit working for fox close to a year ago. his comments start around 12:30. and he reaches levels of sainthood a minute in. (i mean 13:30 you slow dorks!) took him only a minute ;)

powerful stuff.

also interesting is the piece at nyt about mcgahns cooperation with muellers team. time is ticking... ;)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/18/us/politics/don-mcgahn-mueller-investigation.html

The "truth isn't truth" thing from Giuliani this morning was pretty pathetic. He was really trying hard with his shit about 'well when you've got Comey saying one thing, vs Trump saying another, where's the truth!' but he has to know how fucking stupid he sounds...he has to realize how full of shit Trump is and how almost anyone with a brain hears that argument and laughs in his face, right? Maybe the distortion field around Trump works on him too, I dunno. Or maybe he's just that shitty at his job.

interesting comments from a couple of people in the arie melber thingy. especially from that fmr. lt col that quit working for fox close to a year ago. his comments start around 12:30. and he reaches levels of sainthood a minute in. (i mean 13:30 you slow dorks!) took him only a minute ;)

powerful stuff.

also interesting is the piece at nyt about mcgahns cooperation with muellers team. time is ticking... ;)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/18/us/politics/don-mcgahn-mueller-investigation.html

nice insights and analysis. thanks for the link. agree about the 12:30 and 13:30. 

In case you weren't sure of it already, the administration has put into writing that it literally cares more about money and business than the health of humans and the world.

the Trump E.P.A. predicts its plan will see between 470 and 1,400 premature deaths annually by 2030

https://nyti.ms/2PqJtEc

In case you weren't sure of it already, the administration has put into writing that it literally cares more about money and business than the health of humans and the world.

the Trump E.P.A. predicts its plan will see between 470 and 1,400 premature deaths annually by 2030

https://nyti.ms/2PqJtEc

China is literally doing more than we are, modernizing while the GOP tries to squeeze the very last of coal and fossil fuels for profit and rust belt votes. We'll end up more polluted and more behind via plans like this.

Pretty good breakdown at how much of a misstep this is from a former EPA head

^yeah, does detail out things a bit, makes it seem to make even less sense as to why they changed the way things were. Can only assume there's people to profit from the changes.

So, Cohen is flipping today. Supposedly included will be campaign finance violations of some sort. Media is pissing themselves as to what the details of that end up being and what else related (e.g. Trump-related illegal activities of course). I'm not sure when we'll actually know what's said, what details will come out, etc. I'm certainly curious though, if there's anyone who has proof of Trump doing shit he shouldn't, it's probably Cohen.

powerful stuff.

nice insights and analysis. thanks for the link. agree about the 12:30 and 13:30. 

Fucking murder by words.