IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

And I bet none of those red hat wearing mofos have any clue either. They just laugh on cue when the strange city slicker makes dumb jokes and cheer when he starts hurling insults and raises his voice.  

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — California has sued to block the administration of President Donald Trump from cancelling nearly $1 billion for the state's high-speed rail project.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday comes after the administration revoked the funding last week.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-sues-trump-administration-over-1-billion-canceled-high-speed-n1008406

hilarious. someone needs to tell  gavin to check this out. or maybe at this point it's just a matter of formality to sue the guy 

here we.. go... 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/us/politics/donald-trump-speech-pelosi-schumer.html

WASHINGTON — President Trump abruptly blew up a scheduled meeting with Democratic congressional leaders on Wednesday, lashing out at Speaker Nancy Pelosi for accusing him of a cover-up and declaring that he could not work with them until they stopped investigating him.

and... 

https://www.axios.com/nancy-pelosi-trump-cover-up-impeachment-83c8e14f-bf25-48b5-9d46-2fa4965b5cbb.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

While leaving a closed-door meeting to discuss the issue of impeachment Wednesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Wednesday that House Democrats "believe the President of the United States is engaged in a cover-up."

Seems like the investigation, his finances etc may be linked somehow I guess? 

They must be getting closer to something damning. I'm probably just being hopeful.

19 hours ago, Nebraska said:

JMFC, I skimmed these recent posts and blithely assumed that the numbers on the left pertained to, you know, infrastructure, and that the NOs were just tacked on for measure.  Nope, just all dumbfuck propaganda for consumption and regurgitation by dumbfucks.  Thinks shit-for-a'brains doth protest much?

^ Infrastructure? Sheeeeeet....that's way down on his list of priorities right now. He's got a war to fight against the dems, CNN, and the other half of Americans who didn't vote for him.

Assange nabbed on an 18 count indictment, including espionage. 

Wouldn’t you be panicking if you had dealings with him? Like if you were Trump or worked on his campaign?

this is getting even more fucked up - what does it mean?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48393665

also,

Trump invokes emergency powers to sidestep congress and sell arms to Saudi Arabia

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-saudi-arabia-deal-bombs-uae-arms-trade-congress-yemen-a8929741.html

Edited by ignatius

It means he wants Barr to declassify only things that make people investigating him, or people from the Obama administration look bad. He's trying to say they committed treason by investigating his very real nefarious activity. But he has no idea what he's yanking on. FVEY means five eyes alliance, the intelligence communities between the US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand who work closely together and have tight cooperation. Basically, he thinks he can have Barr pull a spin-job on reams of classified information much like he did "summarizing" Mueller's report, but this is a whole different beast that can seriously bite them back. It's reckless and desperate. 

a lot of the stuff he declassified is foreign intelligence gathered by our allies. stuff they shared w/us and probably should have remained classified. we'll see if they ever share intelligence w/us again. 

6 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

At this point I'm wondering if checks and balances even still exist

it's a slow walk towards impeachment. it's becoming inevitable. i guess the only real worry is it gives trump a sort of ammo for the election..."they're all out to get me"...  blah blah blah.. 

it'll be interesting to see how all the democrat candidates parse out all the issues. they each seem to be championing one or two as their main cause. this may take shape in the minds of voters as the democrat platform or something. we'll see. 

2 hours ago, ambergonk said:

At this point I'm wondering if checks and balances even still exist

I'm wondering whether a current check like Barr thinks it's better *not* to protect Trump from himself, but to just do as Trump orders and make sure there's a paper trail. Instead of doing what McGahn did. You could argue Barr is actively not saving the president. And yes, I know this sounds silly and pretty f-ing unbelievable. Thing is, if people within the administration will keep on saving him, they might actually succeed. Perhaps it's faster to give Trump everything he wants. 

19 minutes ago, goDel said:

I'm wondering whether a current check like Barr thinks it's better *not* to protect Trump from himself, but to just do as Trump orders and make sure there's a paper trail. Instead of doing what McGahn did. You could argue Barr is actively not saving the president. And yes, I know this sounds silly and pretty f-ing unbelievable. Thing is, if people within the administration will keep on saving him, they might actually succeed. Perhaps it's faster to give Trump everything he wants. 

barr is complicit in this cover up. barr wrote recently.. last year i think.. a paper arguing that the president cannot be indicted. period. he believes in the power of the office and is using his office to push that idea. he could've already easily sunk trump by handling the mueller report accurately and fairly but he didn't even characterize what was in it in an accurate way. his testimony and then his refusal to testify further is more than enough to see that he's a political hack for trump and not living up to the oath of his office. 

it's all pretty lame. trump is apparently going around and saying things like "i finally got my attorney general" to people in the whitehouse. he's finally got his wing man. 

so, if barr is in fact just letting out the rope long enough for trump to hang himself he's playing some 5D chess or whatever.