IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

oof.. 

John Bolton, the ex-White House security chief who was fired by President Trump, is reportedly set to get the last laugh by spilling the beans to the impeachment inquiry.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-john-bolton-trump-impeachment-20191025-p2ptlbtskjfq7jeimms7chpm4e-story.html

also, tulsi gabbard not running for re-election in the house.. perhaps hillary was right? gabbard runs as 3rd party spoiler to help trump. she showed up on hannity the other night criticizing the house impeachment process. 

Haven't read the article, but this could imply his inner circle is getting smaller. As opposed to the "Trump thinks he can do it himself " narrative. The way things are developing, inside the white house the situation must be getting more "each their own" by the day. Like we've seen DOJ responding to Mulvaneys public statements about the Ukraine thing. They're willing to publically contradict eachother. In other words, there is no collective narrative.

It's this back drop that basically necessitates Trump being on his own as well. He always was in a way, of course. But he used to be collectively covered by his own people having some collective story regardless of what Trump personally said. 

The lack of a collective narritive hasn't got much to do with Trump saying he can do it all by himself, imo. It's a sign of things getting unmanageable by his team. If there even is a team, that is. 

there hasn't been a collective narrative since he was elected though.  he's contradicted everyone all along the way. but you're probably right. i mean.. there's no honor among thieves here. they'll all throw each other under the bus at some point but i'm guessing a core group will stick together tightly until the end. Barr seems ready to go the wall over all this and certainly is trying to turn the tide using the DOJ. 

i do think his ego is yuge and his relationship w/reality is all skeewompus. so, he probably thinks he can just lie is way out of this somehow using his gibberish and lawyers but i think it's great that giulliani is sinking and no longer the president's lawyer or whatever.. i wonder who he could even hire to represent him? probably some slime sucker at the bottom of the scum pond. 

anyway./. it's a spectacle any way it's cut. 

There are always lawyers for high profile cases. Which this most definitely is. That's not the issue. But a lawyer does need to be able to do his job. ( in the most clinical meaning: defending/advising the client) A client making it impossible for a lawyer to do his/her job, will be an issue. And given Giuliani is less outspoken the last couple days, it would suggest he's making it easier for lawyers to take this job. 

Also remember the willingness of lawyers to represent Cohen. Didn't his team work for free? 

Edit: high profile lawyers defending cohen. Not just some sleezebag lawyer.

Edited by goDel

4 hours ago, Braintree said:

How do you butt dial on a fucking smart phone?

This may be giving him far too much credit, but part of me wonders if he intentionally called a reporter and faked the call to make it sound like a butt dial so that he could divert the media to follow this instead of something else. 

O my, nr1:

And remember when Tillerson said Trump asked him to do stuff which wasn't legally possible? Yeah, well, he asked Mattis to do some stupid shit too. You'd almost think there might be a pattern here...

22 hours ago, ignatius said:

there hasn't been a collective narrative since he was elected though.  he's contradicted everyone all along the way. but you're probably right. i mean.. there's no honor among thieves here. they'll all throw each other under the bus at some point but i'm guessing a core group will stick together tightly until the end. Barr seems ready to go the wall over all this and certainly is trying to turn the tide using the DOJ. 

i do think his ego is yuge and his relationship w/reality is all skeewompus. so, he probably thinks he can just lie is way out of this somehow using his gibberish and lawyers but i think it's great that giulliani is sinking and no longer the president's lawyer or whatever.. i wonder who he could even hire to represent him? probably some slime sucker at the bottom of the scum pond. 

anyway./. it's a spectacle any way it's cut. 

I think he lives in a reality distortion field, like Steve Jobs.  everyone just sucks him off to keep their jobs.

38 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I think he lives in a reality distortion field, like Steve Jobs.  everyone just sucks him off to keep their jobs.

pretty much. 

The White House press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, told reportersSaturday that former chief of staff John Kelly "was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great president."

https://www.businessinsider.com/john-kelly-trump-white-house-genius-2019-10

• Like 1

"top national security priority of my admnistration" - that no one remembers hearing about. 

he blew himself up as the troops approached or something like that. 

Edited by ignatius

15 minutes ago, ignatius said:

"top national security priority of my admnistration" - that no one remembers hearing about. 

he blew himself up as the troops approached or something like that. 

Along with 3 of his children apparently.  Fucker.

14 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Along with 3 of his children apparently.  Fucker.

yep. real piece of shit. i'm sure some other piece of shit will take his place. the head of this snake regrows

btw, listening/watching trump struggle through the teleprompter always unnerves me for some reason. it's not simply that i find him offensive it's the choice of words and the tempo he reads at. the teleprompter is like a click track for him when normally he'd just be jabbering nonsense freeform and making shit up off the top of his addled mind. the teleprompter.. it's as if they''re plugging him in to something to sync brainwaves w/the machine or some shit. 

obviously they're gonna continue to make a big show of this. notch in the belt for trump admin or whatever.. he's going to bring this up again and again during the run up to the election. 

Edited by ignatius

But Mr. Trump’s abrupt decision to withdraw American forces from northern Syria disrupted the meticulous planning and forced Pentagon officials to press ahead with a risky, night raid before their ability to control troops and spies and reconnaissance aircraft disappeared, according to military, intelligence and counterterrorism officials. Mr. al-Baghdadi’s death, they said, occurred largely in spite of Mr. Trump’s actions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/27/us/politics/baghdadi-isis-leader-trump.html