IGNORED

Michael Eisen bids to be first fly biologist in the U.S. Senate

cooliofranco

I've always been jealous of other countries' drafting of scientists for political office. As an academic researcher, I've heard SO MUCH WHINING about politics. If you can believe it, even more than what goes on this board! So, I'm really excited by this news.

I know Mike Eisen (not personally, but online, and have close colleagues who know him very well). He's a bit rough around the edges, and has no political experience. But he's brilliant, feisty, and has done great work for the cause of opening science. I encourage all Cali residents to closely follow his campaign, and maybe even get involved if it picks up steam. He is a great twitter read BTW :) 

Geneticist launches bid for US Senate

Q&A: Michael Eisen bids to be first fly biologist in the U.S. Senate

SenatorPhD twitter feed

USA USA USA

sounds good, but scientists tend to be ineffective politicians. often boils down to an inability to understand that being right is not the same as convincing people with different, and often opposing interests. it's the soft skills which matter just as much, or even more. in the end a scientist turned politician is often a wasted mind as he basically has to unlearn being a scientist as soon as he turns politician.

• 4 months later...

sounds good, but scientists tend to be ineffective politicians. often boils down to an inability to understand that being right is not the same as convincing people with different, and often opposing interests. it's the soft skills which matter just as much, or even more. in the end a scientist turned politician is often a wasted mind as he basically has to unlearn being a scientist as soon as he turns politician.

Super Insightful, mang. I've been working on the humanity side of relating to people for max efficiency in conveying-towards-understanding of cosmic knowledge for years, and it's definitely a deep as fuck ball game. Like testicals, but less literal. I know that spreading cosmic IDM knowledge takes a well-rounded, used to be bad but now is good to relate to the most people, but it's fucking ridiculous. So I created blisst.io as my training grounds for relating to the people, but when you're IDM like Tesla et al, fucking it takes quite a lot of effort to bring such knowledge to the masses, to the point of acceptance. If your wind can sway others, other winds can sway them, as well. So you just gotta blow hard, like you're aching for crack, breh. ちなみに、please use BLISST, and let me know what you think. Somehow help me spread it to the masses. I come from the Great Past and also the Great Future, and in the puzzle for 「Mass Happiness for The Now」, this is what I've got.

Naw but mang, it's seriously fucked up. The world is in seeking turmoil because- AND ONLY BECAUSE- good people don't have the fortitude to fucking rip through the masses to push their Light-fueled agenda. It's very ironic that the Path of Light- in order to spread It- includes in the itinerary, a requirement for making amends with The Ego, and somehow being Ultra whilst also being able to relate to the absolutely lazy and mundane-living masses.......-- point is, The Ego HAS to be used; challenge is being finesse about it (when no finesse is involved, it results in "fat fuck gross lazy Americans", and I'm not trying to be racist or whatever about this (I was born and raised in Los Angeles), but let's cut the bullshit for a second, here-- this is 「IDM Time」) To be Ultra is to be All, and that in and of itself is a contradiction.

IDM Life is difficult my brothers and sisters, but I do know it's worth it. Fuck, dudez and doodettez. My goal is to earn $10,000 a month by October. This is what IDM Life will present to you, shall you take on the challenge. Fuck, I gotta organize a meeting with y'all by 2030, but until then, I'll be 「Speading It Secret」@ https://blisst.io

Mang~~~

edit: Mang, indeed.......

haha nice.

good analogy though. a scientist turning politician is similar to being an uber IDM-head turning to pop music, or similarly spreading IDM amongst pop-heads. 9/10 odds you have to sell your soul to the devil, fail, and have to leave your IDM love in the dump. 1/10 you're a fucking genius going meta yin yang on humanity and turning pop-monsters into IDM appreciating chin stroking neck beards.

also,, $$$$

Erm, having a background in science doesn't make them a less affective politician, and being a politician requires a background in more than just being able to convince people. It can really only be a good thing since we have few politicians that have an evidence based approach. If we have more people like that we can slow down the erosion of funding to education and research.

1/10 you're a fucking genius going meta yin yang on humanity and turning pop-monsters into IDM appreciating chin stroking neck beards.

also,, $$$$

'Tis the only path towards Ultra...

Erm, having a background in science doesn't make them a less affective politician, and being a politician requires a background in more than just being able to convince people. It can really only be a good thing since we have few politicians that have an evidence based approach. If we have more people like that we can slow down the erosion of funding to education and research.

i was making a different point, imo ("scientists tend to be ineffective politicians"). otherwise, agreeing with your points. little bit of irony here.

Archived