Cat no: TM34
Format: CD/Digital
CD limited to 100
Artwork: David Watson
gridpattern.co.uk

Style: IDM/Electronica
Release Date April 1st 2017

Description
"Monoform’s contribution to Touched Music may be titled with an admission of guilt, but let me assure you he’s done no wrong with what he’s created here; quite the opposite.

Ten very well mixed and balanced pieces make up ‘Mea Culpa’, and it’s truly a joy to listen to. ‘Introx’ has an ambience about it, misleadingly so as it’s not representative of the rest of the album. It blends well into ’Minor Detour’ which is just that; it’s a well-thought track that ups the pace before a lesser-temped ‘Cerebral’.

I’m captivated by the next four pieces, it’s easy to sit back and hear them all as separate movements of the same concerto. These could easily have been labeled “Track Parts One Through Four” and I wouldn’t have thought any differently.

A darker note is adopted for the penultimate track and finally we’re offered more of the same ambience that the whole thing kicked off with. It’s so well executed that you could just hit “Repeat All” and do it all again without a care in the world.

One of the most enjoyable things about this album is its structure and flow, something that appears to be a defining feature of the music coming out on Touched. ‘Mea Culpa’ isn’t just good noise, it tells a story and lets you experience it.

Maybe Monoform’s guilty conscience is down to the fact he stopped at ten tracks? In any case I’ll be happy to hear what’s up his sleeves for next time."

https://soundcloud.com/touched-music/monoform-on-paper-wings

The album has a full preview on Friday night on Touched mixlr - Touched Mixlr

Touched Music Presents Monoform - Mea Culpa Album Launch

https://www.facebook.com/events/270944733351183/

post-8588-0-11004400-1490789968_thumb.jpg

post-8588-0-24237000-1490789990_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived