IGNORED

Apple adds FLAC support in iOS11

fumi

Until there is iTunes support (please, Apple - rename the damn app already, especially if you're going to include video "management" into it), this is pretty useless.

v0 4 lyfe.... (well apart from flacs)

God damn variable hippie...

VBR is the true path you close-minded nun... flac user here too though I encode to V4 for on the go (car thumb drive, rockboxed sansa clip).

Dunno why this news is anything, there have long been tools out there to transcode from flac to alac (lossless to lossless)... though I suppose Apple doing something to make their ecosystem more inclusive/compatible does stick out, I mean my wife's recent iphone doesn't even have a headphone jack anymore for focks sake (though they're nice enough to give you a dongle)

Ogg Vorbis Until I Die.

U should check out Opus, its successor.  Anything that can handle Vorbis these days also supports Opus.

VBR for on-the-go.

Lossless for everything else.

With that said, I recently sampled something on YouTube through my dirty-ass Mackie mixer. Felt like sacrilege.

Archived