IGNORED

Patricia / Several Shades Of The Same Color

kites

Patricia is a bloke.

Love his last two albums, love the sound of this, absolutely fucked off at it being released on three separate 12"s totally £60 (inc. shipping) whilst still being considered an album. I can't fucking afford that, mate.

Patricia is a bloke.

Love his last two albums, love the sound of this, absolutely fucked off at it being released on three separate 12"s totally £60 (inc. shipping) whilst still being considered an album. I can't fucking afford that, mate.

Bit of a strange move that,

was gonna buy this after liking his stuff on Opal Tapes until I worked out what that would entail.

Adding to the confusion is a misprint? on the 2nd LP that repeats the first five tracks.

Gonna have to plump for the digital vinyls on this one I think.

Adding to the confusion is a misprint? on the 2nd LP that repeats the first five tracks.

Gonna have to plump for the digital vinyls on this one I think.

Ugh really? How does this even happen?

I'm probably going to pick up one or two (or maybe even all three if that misprint gets sorted) of these over time if they stay in print or turn up cheap enough through other sellers - I still have his earlier EP on Spectral Sound on my Discogs Wishlist - but it's a shame not to be able to grab the whole album as one on release, as that usually adds to the excitement and enjoyment for me.

Sorry I didnt mean a misprint on the actual record, just up on bleeps site. The first two LPs are listed as having the same tracklist, just confusing when I was working out how to get all the tracks on vinyl.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got a nice cheque from Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs last week so treated myself / let myself get ripped off and bought all three of these. Some brilliant stuff throughout, most of it's up to his previous high quality. Overall I'd say it doesn't quite warrant the triple-album format, instead of three 30 minute LPs you could definitely put the best bits together to make a really good 75 minute double LP / single CD edition. 

Pretty great overall though.

• 9 months later...

I just realized It Gets Worse at Night has crowd sounds at the beginning and end, ie is probably from a live recording.  Real jam that one.

Agree with others' comments it could use some trimming (and i expected more from a track called 'deku tree'..) but there are some absolutely great moments on this release.  Nobody else sounds like patricia

Archived