IGNORED

Cool and Frank - Missteps at the Transfer Station

cooliofranco

my second release on vinyl is coming soon and here are the previews. these tracks are dancier i think than the first EP (from sleepers). i'll post in this thread when pre orders and other updates come. this is the 3rd release from florklang records in japan. i really liked working with those guys and reccommend them if you have the opportunity to put something there.

this time i got to slap a title on. i'm very proud of this one: i made these tunes during a big time transition in my life (moved outta NYC) and have been adjusting to non-city life (in the us the polite term for the dump is the transfer station and the first time i went there to drop our trash off i was reprimanded for not following policy :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really digging B3, I think I enjoy the disorienting feel of the thing, the murkiness of the atmosphere against the drive of the beat. Looking forward to the physical release...just ordered Golden Wall and am very happy to have found your stuff...

• 3 months later...

here (https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/cool-and-frank-missteps-at-tthe-transfer-station-566231?p=Vi1e7W) too

Nice sounding previews. I've also been rebuked by a waste management worker.

hear ya. definitely happened to me. left the big city and went to recycle my boxes and got in TROUBLE for not having a sticker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the future of humanity, digitals, please!!!

geh i know. it's not my call. it's the deal we make with the manufacturer. I think if the sales are like, beyond expectations, the label might make it happen but I'm not sure.

its cool and all but for my next ep I hope I'll be in a position to do both. I have to say, the tracks are DOPE so they really should be digital and vinyl :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a wicked review.  :beer:

Checking out the ep now and it's brilliant! The sound and composition is unique within a congested market. I've ordered the vinyl but from Juno in the UK as it doesn't charge me double to send it from Japan. Great work mate. 

• 2 months later...

Archived