IGNORED

AI - The artificial intelligence thread

YO303

9 minutes ago, zero said:

interesting...designed by teenage engineering. aren't they known for product hardware / QC issues? wonder how long these little gadgets will last before breaking.

and that screen is way too small for internet pron. they totally forgot about that in the design phase

not heard much about QC issues w/their stuff... just that it's over priced. 

but that rabbit r1 thing is just Ai. it's like a standalone siri or whatever and basically the plan is you surrender your apps to it so it controls your phone which seems really stupid and lacking in security. instead of navigating a smart phone and apps.. you just talk to this thing and it uses your apps for you. but he asks it to order a pizza from pizza hut and to get the most popular item. wtf. who is gonna order a pizza that way? 

i know there's other devices working in similar ways but it seems like a solution without a problem. and who wants to carry another device along w/the smart phone? to do smart phone stuff. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking for something yesterday so I asked ai. It couldn’t help me and I eventually found it myself. I decided to tell ai what I was after and it basically thanked me for letting it know. 
So I feel like I just contributed to ai becoming all powerful all knowing eventually. Maybe I’ll be spared when the computers take over :shrug:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

without sending you to an external site or YouTube?

it does link websites or youtube if you ask for things you would normally google. the results are often much better as you can ask a more complex question. I often use Gemini instead of google for searches 

Edited by o00o

On 2/8/2024 at 8:06 AM, YEK said:

I was looking for something yesterday so I asked ai. It couldn’t help me and I eventually found it myself. I decided to tell ai what I was after and it basically thanked me for letting it know. 
So I feel like I just contributed to ai becoming all powerful all knowing eventually. Maybe I’ll be spared when the computers take over :shrug:

I use Gemini for stuff I would normally google as it was trained on google data like for products or movies. GPT works better with general topics you would normally talk about with a human. like when I am going shopping I ask it about what I can add to a recipe and even take photos of products and ask it which one is better or fits better to my dish. GPT is also very good in relationship topics or helping with music production. you can even send it screenshots of your DAW and it has very deep knowledge about all plugins and configurations. It can even suggest gear or workflow or VSTs for a certain genre  and much deeper questions about certain synth settings that are pretty obsucre 

if GPT doesn't know about a topic you can upload books to it so it will look it up before answering 

Edited by o00o

1 hour ago, o00o said:

it does link websites or youtube if you ask for things you would normally google. the results are often much better as you can ask a more complex question. I often use Gemini instead of google for searches 

I guess I’m saying if the Ai results answer a simple question without the need to even expand the answer text fully, then you got what you wanted, but Google got what? Their objective is to drive you to an affiliate, and if that doesn’t happen, they gave you a reliable answer for free?

Example: we were installing a new ceiling fan and it was making a certain scraping sound, got these results and one of them was correct. Problem solved, but unless I go to an affiliated link, did they make any return on that? 

IMG_1698.jpeg

yeah sure its the same with GPT they are currently burning billions with it but by integrating it into all their products the money will come back eventually 

also they indirectly learn from you by scaping the data and will serve you ads to things you asked across all platforms 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, o00o said:

yeah sure its the same with GPT they are currently burning billions with it but by integrating it into all their products the money will come back eventually 

also they indirectly learn from you by scaping the data and will serve you ads to things you asked across all platforms 

Yeah the scraping would be a gain on data collected, I guess the users who click on a link and generate ad revenue subsidize the users that don’t.

I find it also really interesting with ads. Instagram and TikTok are the only platforms that can offer me new products that I am remotely interested in. Instagram does a lot of drop shipping from temu where people buy a product on temu and try to sell it to me for a higher price over Instagram. they even copy the product images directly from temu without changing them. 

TikTok has some products I really care for like recommending me the small portable emulator based console or weird artsy lamps. They also have a very tight collaboration so if I talk to GPT about a topic it will show a week later on TikTok or Instagram as ad 

Edited by o00o

sora-Open-AI-Demo-Okay-ng.gif?resize=600

1*Nv25s3GB5n3LBn61ViWhaQ.gif

We’re teaching AI to understand and simulate the physical world in motion, with the goal of training models that help people solve problems that require real-world interaction.

Introducing Sora, our text-to-video model. Sora can generate videos up to a minute long while maintaining visual quality and adherence to the user’s prompt.

https://openai.com/sora

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

ha holy fuck if they can keep up that quality for a minute, they can keep it up for an hour+. Pixar and other CG animation (almost all of it now) is going to have to really rethink how they do things over the next 10 years as this tech grows and becomes more malleable. those CG companies already spends tons of their time/money on computing infrastructure just for rendering, i wonder if a combo of AI + current render techniques might make things actually better/quicker/easier in some ways.

as all this AI tech becomes true tools, it's going to be really impressive seeing what actual human artists can do with it all.

29 minutes ago, auxien said:

ha holy fuck if they can keep up that quality for a minute, they can keep it up for an hour+. Pixar and other CG animation (almost all of it now) is going to have to really rethink how they do things over the next 10 years as this tech grows and becomes more malleable. those CG companies already spends tons of their time/money on computing infrastructure just for rendering, i wonder if a combo of AI + current render techniques might make things actually better/quicker/easier in some ways.

as all this AI tech becomes true tools, it's going to be really impressive seeing what actual human artists can do with it all.

seems like Ai assistants in CGI etc are already a thing no? photoshop has some Ai assistant built in. If open Ai does there thing and packages it in way that it can be brought into other software environments like a plug in then seems like only a matter of time until it is part of the creation process. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

seems like Ai assistants in CGI etc are already a thing no? photoshop has some Ai assistant built in. If open Ai does there thing and packages it in way that it can be brought into other software environments like a plug in then seems like only a matter of time until it is part of the creation process. 

i don't think i'm making the scope of what i'm talking about clear. i'm not in the industry so i'm not going to try and explain better...maybe i don't understand, idk.

anyway just saw Marques drop this about it and yeah, his 'look how far we've come in 1 year' breakdown of all of this is pretty good:

this shit is moving SO fast. SO SO fast i don't think anyone ITT (myself included) really understands just how quickly this shit is ramping up, exponentially.

the wolf pups appearing out of nowhere is hella fuckin weird. the hands and candles in the grandma vid, super weird. it's going to be wild in a few years when this shit is super realistic but creatively... 'this is the worst this tech is gonna be from here on out...' sums it up. this is only going to get much, much, much better (/more horrifying)

• Like 1

yeah.. it's pretty incredible no doubt.. i was only adding about how they might package it for a commercial application like the adobe thing. 

9 minutes ago, auxien said:

(/more horrifying)

yeah.. this video is perhaps longwinded for making this point but is worth a watch and thought provoking even if you disagree w/the conclusions he gets to. 

18 hours ago, logakght said:

Tho, still music seems hasn't been solved yet.

https://datamindaudio.ai/?

they refer to the models as "artist's brains" and you can buy and install more brains.. i guess to send your music through that brain to make it come out the other side as something else. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

https://datamindaudio.ai/?

they refer to the models as "artist's brains" and you can buy and install more brains.. i guess to send your music through that brain to make it come out the other side as something else. 

It's so, so, so terribly, over...

• Farnsworth 1