YO303

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Milwaukeeeee said:

And? What do you think of his argument? 

Reading his rant I wonder why he gets invited to debates in the first place. He seems stuck in his box of logic. It’s a hard read. His reasoning is so twisted and artificial. You know the feeling where you aren’t convinced by someone’s argument, but aren’t arsed to debate it because you feel you have to jump into the mess of that argument to do so? It’s a pass for me. 

The key problem for those who believe in conscious AI is how and why this transition from unconsciousness to consciousness should ever take place.

I wonder where he draws the transition from unconsciousness to consciousness himself, while looking at the tree of evolution here on earth. Are plants conscious? Bacteria? Would he pinpoint a transition somewhere? (Arbitrary…) Or would he move the goalposts in such way that his logic holds? There hasn’t been a transition from unconsciousness to consciousness in the evolution of life here on earth? I think it’s a silly argument. But it’s his logic. 

Edited by Satans Little Helper
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

And? What do you think of his argument? 

Reading his rant I wonder why he gets invited to debates in the first place. He seems stuck in his box of logic. It’s a hard read. His reasoning is so twisted and artificial. You know the feeling where you aren’t convinced by someone’s argument, but aren’t arsed to debate it because you feel you have to jump into the mess of that argument to do so? It’s a pass for me. 

I wonder where he draws the transition from unconsciousness to consciousness himself, while looking at the tree of evolution here on earth. Are plants conscious? Bacteria? Would he pinpoint a transition somewhere? (Arbitrary…) Or would he move the goalposts in such way that his logic holds? There hasn’t been a transition from unconsciousness to consciousness in the evolution of life here on earth? I think it’s a silly argument. But it’s his logic. 

I mean is a good point to say that machines are not conciouss of themselves, because they are just kinetic automations programmed to do tasks. They are not "Chucky" the diabolic toy if you know what I mean,  they are not aware of themselves nor can produce an intentional subjective behaviour based on comparative choices of their own existential experiences, they are told what to do by inputs and arrangements in their data bases by us, they can't act out of nowhere starting to break the parameters they have been given. And it is not "his point" is simply a point of view, and it is shared with many others, and it is a point that has weight, becuase the contrary or a different thing hasn't really happened. They are just machines that arrange the data we pour into them and refine grammatic, semantic or artistic patterns by comparing our preferred criteria because we have chosen it not them, becuase it is based on how we have trained them, and after that they put out a random customization of that preferred data, and they seem "smart" but it is only because they can access to tons of data and arrange it in optimal ways. Stop labs and companies from doing it from feeding them and the "IA" could be perfectly over, they would not be aware that something is wrong in their world nor they could do something to survive by themselves, they are not conciouss they could be over forever or act YOLO to enjoy something out of themsleves or do a subjective work and put it out there for the trascendental enrichment of their ai computer brothas against their existential angst

Why is that? Hard to tell... but asuming they have to mimic ourselves the more they can to have a deeper management of conciousness, it could be because they lack yet a interelationship of three "prerequisites" to have that inner developed conciouss "I",  three elements which are function (a structure or fulcrum energy of their own to do things, aka owning a structure, a body to interact with the external world and that sustains them in a "localized" way), being (energy related to individual inner energy that feeds their body,  emotions which are correlated to the senses, and relationship with other beings, to the life force that sustain that system body, emotions, desires, dislikes, etc..) and will (a mental energy, capable of focusing, chosing, analizing, planing, creating, imagining, etc).

"Are plants conscious? Bacteria? Would he pinpoint a transition somewhere?"  : They would have a different quality of conciousness or spectrum of conciousness. It is like saying are rocks conciouss of themselves? rocks are in the quite low range of conciousness thay cannot do anything "by themselves". Conciousness is in everything and everywhere it is not personified or can be claim to be own solely by some types of beings, but it has gradients, as energy has gradients of vibration and frequency. If we look at things in a holonic way, first it was the geosphere, then the biosphere, and lately the noosphere. Geosphere, rocks, minerals, just have function to structure a system, a world to set a base for future tasks, they lack other aspects, and they are completely used and at the mercy of other external forces. The same with unicelular organism they are just function too, bricks for more complex systems, they live in a ondimensional way. If we move to complex multicellular organims they have function and also being, they conform the major part of the biosphere that goes on on by itself without much change for thousands of years. They, as animals and ecosystems of plants, are conciouss in the way their instics and their survival work and can produce rewarding behaviours if they feel optimal and have pleasant ouside outcomes, interacting with a similar group of beings; and also the opposite, so they have "emotions" or "sensitive energy" concerning their external interactions but none of them can change that or question why they are like that or analize themselves in a deeper way, they just concern themselves with enjoying living, eating, and procreating (also it is most of what humans do despite having a supposed more complex brain and will capacity). And then on this earth it came the noosphere, the contents of the mind with the use of will. We are in that stage. We analyze and can transform ourselves and the outside in ways other living beings can't by using this will and evolutionary stage. We have function, being and will.

Machines, IA, may work with some kind of a "mental system based on neural networks" but they do not have a will in themselves, nor they have proven to have it, plus they lack being too. In my opinion they are just geosphere, function, operated by our will.

Does that makes us the only ones conciouss? No, but I think is a different question to ask. We can manage a more wider range of concioussness to work with than a bacteria, that is for sure. Are out there more conciouss specimens that would consider humans almost not conciouss at all? It could perfectly be that way, and they can't interact with us without destroying us at this stage or have any interest of it. After this noosphere stage surely the stair goes up, where our conceptions of energy, time space, 3D etc would become obsolete, and of course it is a field of speculation becuase we haven't encounter a system with more than our holonic structures, and with our current systems and brains be cannot comprehend it anyways in our logical, scientific current systems. One diving into conciousness can probably get glimpses of higher states, if we take into account the mystics,  etc.. but who knows it is pseudo yet, olrait :^/ read some Wilber to get a kind of coherent interpretation about those psychological states, transpersonalism, conciousness, non dualism, etc...

Edited by Milwaukeeeee
  • Like 2
  • Burger 1

Ai bit is at 50:45 or so.. a bit tinfoil hat but probably what ya get from a book written in part by henry kissinger

edit: so after watching one podcast that interviewed her 3 or 4 more popped up where she goes on about these ideas and bitcoin and banking and other stuff. pretty interesting, a bit paranoid, cynical maybe but maybe not.. we'll see.. also points to a pretty hardcore dystopian future.. and she's all in on that future image and lives in Chile. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Burger 1

Up until January 10, OpenAI’s “usage policies” pageOpens in a new tab included a ban on “activity that has high risk of physical harm, including,” specifically, “weapons development” and “military and warfare.” That plainly worded prohibition against military applications would seemingly rule out any official, and extremely lucrative, use by the Department of Defense or any other state military. The new policyOpens in a new tab retains an injunction not to “use our service to harm yourself or others” and gives “develop or use weapons” as an example, but the blanket ban on “military and warfare” use has vanished.

https://theintercept.com/2024/01/12/open-ai-military-ban-chatgpt/

hm, Microsoft's huge investment into the company, then their 'saving' the CEO by snatching him up then putting him back in place but now with even deeper debt to them, and now the OpenAI's done this, making moves to start getting in bed with the USGov just like MS. sure this isn't some sort of foreshadowing or anything dire.

CES 2024

Weird tech:

AI tech:

Linus: "If 2023 was the year of practical AI applications, then 2024 is the year of grabbing the nearest object, holding it down, and duct-taping that AI to it."

:derp:   :trashbear:

Edited by MaartenVC

Zuck got caught building his underground lair: 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mark-zuckerberg-spent-187-million-191118946.html

Alongside the sprawling farm and ranch, the compound is being designed to be self-sustaining. From underground bunkers to its own energy and water supplies, the compound has nearly everything you would need to survive for months at a time.

he's scared of the T-1000 showing up to get him

On 1/6/2024 at 3:18 PM, ignatius said:

Ai bit is at 50:45 or so.. a bit tinfoil hat but probably what ya get from a book written in part by henry kissinger

edit: so after watching one podcast that interviewed her 3 or 4 more popped up where she goes on about these ideas and bitcoin and banking and other stuff. pretty interesting, a bit paranoid, cynical maybe but maybe not.. we'll see.. also points to a pretty hardcore dystopian future.. and she's all in on that future image and lives in Chile. 

her stock is falling in my eyes.. she showed up on russel brands podcast. ugh. tin foil hat hook line sinker. 

3 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

v interesting ideas bout a.i. in this vid:

everything he says at 18:00 is (at least kind of) wrong: domesticated animals are essentially a 'technology' that make their own decisions/etc. which he claims no other tech has ever done. he claims the algorithms disseminating social media are AI technology which is by and large false, and he says 'much' of the content on social media itself is AI generated, which is for now almost entirely incorrect, there's very little actual AI-generated content out there at the moment. those last two things may change, of course, but he's incorrect.

'ultimately our power is based on words' is 100% truth. the AI and economics is well worth thinking about...the right program could really manipulate/destroy some financial markets (if that's not already happening).

i ain't got the interest to watch another hour+ of that tho but that's my impressions from ~10 minutes of watching

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

4 hours ago, auxien said:

impressions from ~10 minutes of watching

he covers a lot speculative ground w p far reaching ideas re: a.i & our human relationship to it, saying @ 1 pt. that the artificial systems may be intelligent, but they aren't conscious; lacking emotions & soul by their being inorganic - not needing rest, food etc. feels like he's less romantic about transhumanism than he was in his books. 

Have to side with aux on this one. I’m growing tired of people that need to sell books through multi hour podcasts. Making a bunch of alarmist comments to trigger a specific audience into buying their books. And as a subject ai is the gift that keeps on giving. And everybody has an opinion. Ai is for technology what Trump is for politics.

#isaiditfirst
</sarcasm>

• Like 1

Lots good chunks in this. Maybe posted here already. I can’t remember 

adobe ai speech processing … hmm. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Thanks 1

It’s really helpful to upload pdf books about certain topics to a custom made gpt and make it verify everything before the output with the deep book knowledge. It also states when it starts to guess information it didn’t find

Edited by o00o

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

rabbit r1 for when you are too confused by your smart phone to order a pizza

https://www.rabbit.tech

this shit is so wack but the whole first run apparently sold out already. 

interesting...designed by teenage engineering. aren't they known for product hardware / QC issues? wonder how long these little gadgets will last before breaking.

and that screen is way too small for internet pron. they totally forgot about that in the design phase