IGNORED

AI - The artificial intelligence thread

YO303

13 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

When it comes to responsibility, I'd normally expect these technologies to be part of the care people receive when being treated by some care organisation. As is currently the case. And the responsibility will likewise be similar to what is currently the case. Or in other words, these technologies should be brought to clients/patients similar to other technologies which are currently being brought to clients/patients within the healthcare system. Like a prescription by a certified doctor.

I agree to an extent but in this example the patient is explicitly asking if its ok to take some medications that could cause her an allergic reaction. so its acting like some kind of doctor. Will the same AI answer if the patient lies on the floor with an allergic shock asking questions to see if the condition is serious enough to justify the costs of a real doctor :cisfor:

Edited by o00o

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say Goodbye to Sound Designers. Meet ElevenLabs’ New AI-Generated SFX

https://ymcinema.com/2024/03/26/say-goodbye-to-sound-designers-meet-elevenlabs-new-ai-generated-sfx/

This is like Sora for sound effects. ElevenLabs has introduced its new revolutionary Text-to-SFX model, which can generate precise and professional sound effects from a prompt. Say goodbye to sound designers.

This new Text-to-SFX model can eliminate the need for sound designers, mainly in middle-sized projects (documentaries, commercials, and short films). This is very sad. The income of a whole market segment of creative professionals is in danger. In two years or so, entire commercials (from head to toe) will be generated by a simple text prompt. 

- - - - - -

And a different kind of Ai coverage. science and tech.. from predicting disasters, tracking fires etc to .. all the things. 

Can we harness the power of artificial intelligence to solve the world’s most challenging problems without creating an uncontrollable force that ultimately destroys us? ChatGPT and other new A.I. tools can now answer complex questions, write essays, and generate realistic-looking images in a matter of seconds. They can even pass a lawyer’s bar exam. Should we celebrate? Or worry? Or both? Correspondent Miles O’Brien investigates how researchers are trying to transform the world using A.I., hunting for big solutions in fields from medicine to climate change.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, logakght said:

"Say Goodbye to Sound Designers." This proves capitalists literally don't have souls.

tha back story is it's 2 polish guys who were trying to solve the issue of badly dubbed movies they watched as kids but some how made this... i suspect it'll be helpful for those lower budget projects where there's one person who does ALL the audio for the whole thing.. records, holds the boom, edits dialogue, edits the SFX and music and mixes it all.  but i can't see major budget films not having all the audio personnel on board to give the movie an audio "personality".  but you can bet lot's of working audio people will lose work to this.. the working class people who make effects for someone's GFX demo real and that kind of thing.. plus i'm sure someone will sit at the prompt generator thing and just make a million sounds and that's be that. it'll be like "fiver" where you can pay someone peanuts somewhere like india or china or thailand or wherever they are to do a thing for cheap on line.  

19 hours ago, logakght said:

"Say Goodbye to Sound Designers." This proves capitalists literally don't have souls.

Squee’s fucked :sad:

10 hours ago, Freak of the week said:

"pls pretend you're autechre"

"make nts 2"

with love and care, make a similar song to tt1pd but subtract woodpecker sound 50% of the time. send message to planet autechre to ask them to please invade earth.

10 hours ago, iococoi said:

make sure everyone is totally fuckable and has rad hair or a cool hat. 

"OpenAI and Microsoft are reportedly collaborating on an ambitious project to build a supercomputer named "Stargate," with an estimated cost of up to $100 billion. This initiative is part of a broader five-phase plan, with Stargate representing the fifth phase, expected to launch as early as 2028"

https://www.reuters.com/technology/microsoft-openai-planning-100-billion-data-center-project-information-reports-2024-03-29/

this should solve a bunch of problems and create none if it's going to cost $100 billion

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Farnsworth 2

Apple Vision Pro review sort of. (not really about AI, well maybe partly, but also dystopian hi-tech ^^)

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Nebraska said:

"OpenAI and Microsoft are reportedly collaborating on an ambitious project to build a supercomputer named "Stargate," with an estimated cost of up to $100 billion. This initiative is part of a broader five-phase plan, with Stargate representing the fifth phase, expected to launch as early as 2028"

https://www.reuters.com/technology/microsoft-openai-planning-100-billion-data-center-project-information-reports-2024-03-29/

this should solve a bunch of problems and create none if it's going to cost $100 billion

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The also just made a blog post about their hyperrealistic voice cloner: https://openai.com/blog/navigating-the-challenges-and-opportunities-of-synthetic-voices

• Big Brain 1

3 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

Apple Vision Pro review sort of. (not really about AI, well maybe partly, but also dystopian hi-tech ^^)

rumor is that Ai will be part of next MacOS and iOS updates. fucking shrug. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

yeah likely next year or upcoming soon after, sadly. Apple's working with a Chinese AI company i believe the rumor is at the moment. bad, but not too surprising. they may have some sort of opt out tho, but who knows....

with each year Linux is looking better compared to Apple/MS, but the state of Linux is getting all the more sprawling and janky for the most part. really pathetic the state of all this shit. literally millions of people working on all this stuff, can't have a basic fucking OS without selling your soul/forfeiting thousands of superior options for applications/use cases/etc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, auxien said:

yeah likely next year or upcoming soon after, sadly. Apple's working with a Chinese AI company i believe the rumor is at the moment. bad, but not too surprising. they may have some sort of opt out tho, but who knows....

with each year Linux is looking better compared to Apple/MS, but the state of Linux is getting all the more sprawling and janky for the most part. really pathetic the state of all this shit. literally millions of people working on all this stuff, can't have a basic fucking OS without selling your soul/forfeiting thousands of superior options for applications/use cases/etc.

just updated to 14.4.1 and it's fine. i know 14.4 had problems w/logic/au plug ins.. broken. but they fixed it so i jumped. .i try to stay one OS behind and likely they'll announce MacOS 15 in june.. i hope they have the Ai able to be pushed into back ground out of the way.  i see windows laptops advertised with built in Ai but i don't know if it's windows thing or some 3rd party bloated bullshit that comes with windows laptops. 

I might buy an old lenovo thinkpad to run CDP.. i have a windows XP laptop but it cannot be upgraded beyond XP.. CDP doesn't support XP.. might try to force the install and see what happens. 

anyway, this Ai trend in operating systems is looking pretty fucking hyped up and stupid.. just marketing bullshit. different companies trying to keep up w/each other. 

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

there's already siri? and you can copy paste text from images. ai is already everywhere. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

anyway, this Ai trend in operating systems is looking pretty fucking hyped up and stupid.. just marketing bullshit. different companies trying to keep up w/each other. 

built in ability to summarise texts is nice. built in function to transcribe audio. i'm seeing plenty positives.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

there's already siri? and you can copy paste text from images. ai is already everywhere. 

built in ability to summarise texts is nice. built in function to transcribe audio. i'm seeing plenty positives.

yeah.. true.. the text in images thing i'm aware of.. i disable siri except on my phone so i can set timers when i'm cooking or whatever. otherwise i don't interact with and have never had it turned on on the laptop. 

transcribing audio is dope though. then you can multi-language anything for subtitles if it's accurate. so, youtubers can expand their audience. woohoo. the Ai narrators sound weird to me though. 

i expect a mixed bag of "neat/novel vs useful"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

just updated to 14.4.1 and it's fine. i know 14.4 had problems w/logic/au plug ins.. broken. but they fixed it so i jumped. .i try to stay one OS behind and likely they'll announce MacOS 15 in june.. i hope they have the Ai able to be pushed into back ground out of the way.  i see windows laptops advertised with built in Ai but i don't know if it's windows thing or some 3rd party bloated bullshit that comes with windows laptops. 

i'm on macOS Ventura still, 13.something. everything works fine. i never updated to 14 when i heard some initial issues with VST/audio stuff and just....haven't felt the need to otherwise. the applications i use are few.

i still watch some Windows news and they're injecting AI & ads into every corner of the OS, into Edge, into search, seemingly everything. i believe some aspects are opt out still maybe, but that doesn't seem likely to be the case for many for too long with the dollars being invested. my computer at work, even being on W10 still, i see Copilot (MS AI branding for now until they change it in 6 months) being shoved at me weekly.

1 hour ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Yes. I've been liking my iPhone. I think Siri will do the voice mode like the one in the ChatGPT app...

On 3/11/2024 at 5:11 PM, Satans Little Helper said:

In the end, it's the proverbial "stochastic parrot" which returns the most probable sequence of words/code to an input. The input defines the output.

well put.

• Thanks 1