IGNORED

Video for Com Truise's "Propagation"

Joyrex

• 1 month later...

Love this video / track, was just showing it to my friend the other day. There's something so satisfying about the juxtaposition of the feel good upbeat synthwave melody and groove with the unsettling and surreal imagery/narrative of the video. Absolutely gorgeous.

Guest Ralph Nolte

The cinematography is cool - but doesn't go very well with the classic Com Truise vibe, does it...?

This video for VHS Sex (with its weird retro images) is an example of a better fit , I think.

hqdefault.jpg

Also, I tried syncing up the music of Gesaffelstein's Obsession with the Propagation visuals - and THAT gels amazingly!

Guest Ralph Nolte

Hmmm, the YouTube embed didn't work correctly...

(I've also had problems inserting images in a post - always ends up as an attachment...)

Help anyone? Thanks.

Edit:

OK, I kinda fixed the above embed by inserting an online thumb of the video and linking that to the YouTube video.

However, just pasting the embed code I get from the YouTube video itself didn't work (showed the plain HTML in the post instead of parsing it in the way I expected) and trying to use the "code" option in the post/edit options doesn't work either...

Pictures end up as attachments when I try to insert an image file from my computer, but can be inserted within a post if I use an online URL (as I did above).

I'd appreciate anybody giving me a quick how-to for posting media in the WATMM forums - e.g. link to a FAQ or pinned thread I might have missed.

Guest Ralph Nolte

OK, I read some WATMM search results and found the solution - paste as plain YouTube URL (NOT embed code):

To recap: I think this (fan-made?) edit works better as a "Com Truise style" music video than the very pro-looking Propagation one.

(Now, if anyone can clarify inserting offline images to NOT be attachments?)

OK, I read some WATMM search results and found the solution - paste as plain YouTube URL (NOT embed code):

To recap: I think this (fan-made?) edit works better as a "Com Truise style" music video than the very pro-looking Propagation one.

(Now, if anyone can clarify inserting offline images to NOT be attachments?)

So you're wanting to know how to upload images so they don't appear as attachments?

Guest Ralph Nolte

So you're wanting to know how to upload images so they don't appear as attachments?

That's correct, yes...

Archived