Meg Meyers' Video For Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill Colored By Kids

Colossal shares some behind-the scenes making Meg Meyers' video for the Kate Bush song, "Running Up That Hill":

An animated music video for Meg Myers’ cover of a Kate Bush song brings kid’s coloring books to life. Director Jo Roy first filmed Myers on a green screen, performing the crawling, climbing, and flying shown in the music video (see behind-the-scenes below). Then, each of the 3,202 frames was printed off as a black and white coloring book page. Elementary school-aged children from ten schools and an art program in the U.S. and Canada colored the pages however they wanted, with a provided crayon color palette.

Strangely powerful.

But .. isn't that child labour? I hope those kids receive at least twice their weight in CocoQuinoa Pops (or whatever children eat these days) for their stellar work!

9 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

wowsers..one cant quote a quote..

btw.

The original is so much better

22 hours ago, jaderpansen said:
On 7/13/2019 at 2:37 PM, Gocab said:

The original is so much better

Highlight text and choose quote selected text

Odd that the quote button doesn't accomplish this - will look into that

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Braintree
      So with all of the streaming going on, I've been looking to up my video skills. I found a decent Max for Live video plugin that should work fairly well.
      Is there any way of getting video output from Ableton Live? Specifically, out of Live and into OBS?
    • By Tim_J
      what do u all use to watch your movies and shows?
      streaming services vs blu-rays? your computer vs blu-ray stand alone players plugged into a tv (what dimensions?)? stereo or 5.1?
      recommendations on region-free blu-ray players are welcome! also, what to have in mind when buying one... i'm leaned to say they're all the same but they're prices can go from 200 to 2000 so what am i missing?
    • By joshuatxuk
      2019 and I am officially either into super niche underground electronic releases or NPR-listening-craft-beer-drinking-dad approved indie rock, including this.

One of the best indie rock / pop albums I've heard this year. Up there with Sharon Van Etten and Julia Holter's recent LPs - one foot in avant-garde styling and another in accessible indie rock. Her vocals are excellent and there's a very nuanced and subtle embrace of retro music that makes this very distinct compared to way more overt "retro" oriented music of late. She's mentioned this is numerous interviews, she's basically embraced the headspace of 70s and 80s pop musicians in this unabashed creative direction that is purposely devoid of any influence from social media, online press, etc.

https://www.subpop.com/releases/weyes_blood/titanic_rising

https://weyesblood.bandcamp.com/album/titanic-rising

https://open.spotify.com/album/53VKICyqCf91sVkTdFrzKX

• By Joyrex
      Kraftwerk in 1970, one of their first recorded live shows:

• By Joyrex
      Great visual aesthetic going on in this video for Com Truise's song "Propagation" off his latest album: