IGNORED

Kamasi Washington - Harmony of Difference

BobDobalina

Really effen good, don't let the coltrane spiritualistic track titties fool ya, it's a p upbeat funky affair, cut from the same cloth as the Epic but dat spaceage polymer microfiber weave is on da strengf B.  It's an all instrumental notwithstanding the chorus vocals (ayeee no lyrics on any traxx).

https://bleep.com/release/87302-kamasi-washington-harmony-of-difference

ps - bleep didn't pay me for that link but are welcome to do so, buzz me brotendos

Shall give this a blast on the weekend.

The Epic was too long imo. Nothing against the music, it's just hard listening to anything in that capacity without it frying my cranium. Will occasionally listen to (and enjoi) a track out of album context though.

Just take it in chunks. I don't think I've ever listened to the whole thing all the way through, always treated it like 3 different albums... which it really isn't cause there's reprises and such but oh well

Just been getting into Kamasi's music. It's wonderful. Fantastic compositions and really dynamic progression. Never sounds too overwhelming either, sort of like how Miles Davis used to have 25 musicians on one track but space em out so that there was never too much going on at once. Tempted to see him play here in a couple months but tickets are a lil pricey... I'd almost rather shell out the cash for The Epic on vinyl

Archived