IGNORED

Star Wars: Episode IX *spoilers*

Rubin Farr

for having never watched an entire star wars movie i've read far too many pages of wookiepedia

Once you start you can’t stop and before you know it you’re reading articles about Infinity Gates and empires that fell 35,000 years before Luke Skywalker was born.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for having never watched an entire star wars movie i've read far too many pages of wookiepedia

I've seen the Family Guy and Robot Chicken takes on the original trilogy far more than I've actually seen the real films.

Once you start you can’t stop and before you know it you’re reading articles about Infinity Gates and empires that fell 35,000 years before Luke Skywalker was born.

like not even joking this is something i've come to realize about myself (tying in with my post in the now reading thread about how i want to like fantasy but can't because most of it is so poorly crafted): i actually really enjoy reading extremely detailed, dry descriptions of fictional universes, often far more so than actually consuming media set in those universes, because that inspires me to start building more of my own worlds without compromising my aesthetic vision

"incredibly detailed wiki dedicated to a piece of art" feels like an artform unto itself

I've never been the biggest SW fan, but I keep up with it. New Hope and Empire are great, Jedi is half shit and the prequels are pants. to be honest I find the Auralnauts remakes of the Star Wars films to be the best thing that's come out of the entire franchise. If you've not seen any of them you're really missing out. They take material of the films, including cut material and re-edit/redub them with very funny and entertaining results, remaking the Jedi to be drugged out space douchebags for example. They're so effective that it breaks my brain, especially with Creepio, the megalomaniacal psychotic version of C3PO. It's probably worth watching the second one first as that's when they seemed to figure out how to properly do it; you might be a bit put off by the first episode as it's not as funny as the rest.

Anyway check them out. II, III, IV are brilliant, the others are pretty good.

I've never been the biggest SW fan, but I keep up with it. New Hope and Empire are great, Jedi is half shit and the prequels are pants. to be honest I find the Auralnauts remakes of the Star Wars films to be the best thing that's come out of the entire franchise. If you've not seen any of them you're really missing out. They take material of the films, including cut material and re-edit/redub them with very funny and entertaining results, remaking the Jedi to be drugged out space douchebags for example. They're so effective that it breaks my brain, especially with Creepio, the megalomaniacal psychotic version of C3PO. It's probably worth watching the second one first as that's when they seemed to figure out how to properly do it; you might be a bit put off by the first episode as it's not as funny as the rest.

Anyway check them out. II, III, IV are brilliant, the others are pretty good.

flol

like not even joking this is something i've come to realize about myself (tying in with my post in the now reading thread about how i want to like fantasy but can't because most of it is so poorly crafted): i actually really enjoy reading extremely detailed, dry descriptions of fictional universes, often far more so than actually consuming media set in those universes, because that inspires me to start building more of my own worlds without compromising my aesthetic vision

"incredibly detailed wiki dedicated to a piece of art" feels like an artform unto itself

Oh thank go I wasn't the only one. I got into some crazy wormholes binge reading that at a computer lab proctor desk job I had back in 2007. One of my first avatars here was the obscure character BoShek, the smuggler who talks to Obi-Wan briefly at Mos Eisley.  Actor wasn't even identified until 2016.

Amazing

*bumping electronic music*

OBI WAN (offscreen)

Check this out!

CUT TO:

Obi Wan flying into a railing and collapsing on the floor.

The bass battle with Jango was also choice, as was the dance battle at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

There only ever were specific aspects of Star Wars that I admired in its 40+ year life span as a franchise. Never did fanboi it as a whole. The best things to come out of it were the original Dark Forces and gonks.

Dark Forces was legit, but I have fond memories of the Zahn trilogy too. Also Episode I birthed that rad pod racing game.

I really liked the Jango Fett game on PS2, that was one of the first widescreen games I owned. And of course Rogue Leader was tits.

There only ever were specific aspects of Star Wars that I admired in its 40+ year life span as a franchise. Never did fanboi it as a whole. The best things to come out of it were the original Dark Forces and gonks.

Dark Forces was legit, but I have fond memories of the Zahn trilogy too. Also Episode I birthed that rad pod racing game.
I really liked the Jango Fett game on PS2, that was one of the first widescreen games I owned. And of course Rogue Leader was tits.

Bounty Hunter! The best part of that game was flying around the various environments shooting everyone.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, they're definitely not going to CGI some stuff onto their heads with the tracking markers. Yeehaw

• 4 months later...

Archived