IGNORED

Hello Spiral - Giant Concrete Skeleton

hello spiral

Good stuff man, looking forward to deeper listening in those conditions you've described.

Been thinking about releasing some of my old stuff for a while, and you've just inspired me to actually do it.... and i should probably do it while this old stuff sounds fresh again and before i start noticing all the flaws and things i don't like about the tracks.

Thanks! Yes please do! I'm always interested to hear people's older (maybe more naive?) stuff.

Yeah I turned up these CDrs after moving that are from when I first bought a laptop to make music with.

cOZgmfo.jpg

There's no real rhyme or reason to what's on them. I would just put newly made tracks together with tracks I was already happy with and go for a walk and a spliff in the woods with my discman. A lot of the tracks I already have backed up but there are also ones that never made it off the hd that eventually broke down and took a lot of my earliest things with it.

I also noticed they appear to be succumbing to disc rot:

rCYQDMV.jpg

So I need to pull my finger out.

Thanks! Yes please do! I'm always interested to hear people's older (maybe more naive?) stuff.

Yeah I turned up these CDrs after moving that are from when I first bought a laptop to make music with.

There's no real rhyme or reason to what's on them. I would just put newly made tracks together with tracks I was already happy with and go for a walk and a spliff in the woods with my discman. A lot of the tracks I already have backed up but there are also ones that never made it off the hd that eventually broke down and took a lot of my earliest things with it.

I also noticed they appear to be succumbing to disc rot:

So I need to pull my finger out.

I've got a lot of the same stuff going on.

Right now I'm even trying to make sense of some of the ways i rendered and organized my files on hard disk as I sort through my cluttered archives of tracks. For example, i found a 19 second track that's actually pretty dope, but i can't fathom why i rendered it so short ( i can tell the full project was longer). I'm too lazy to reopen old Ableton Live / Cubase projects to find out.  Lost some good stuff along the way as well due to HDD failures. Didn't look at data redundancy the same way back in those days.

I haven't even starting looking for/through my old CD's, i know I could probably find some of my very oldest tracks, but fortunately most of my best ones I backed up to hard drive and still have ready to go. And yeah, some of my cd's have disc rot or are scratched to hell from falling out a cd wallet and getting trashed.

Archived