IGNORED

Murcof - Lost in time

I haven't been able to really form a bond with Murcof's music, bought Cosmos when it came out and was pretty blown away by it during some listens and have played it on and off ever since then but it never felt really close to it or anything but then again it's probably not that kind of album and it's inspired by the cold huge giant cosmos. His earlier albums I liked but nothing ever stuck, the last thing I listened to was that album that has the avril14th cover on it and that whole thing is just horrible. Ludovico Einaudi levels of kitsch and sentimental wankery (I like quite a few einaudi things, just trying to be a dick).

really annoying how he had a naming scheme for his first 4 albums and then refused to finish the series. was even more infuriating that sufjan's states idea.

Yeah...where are my Ohio and Texas albums. Sheesh

Remembranza is hugely recommended, a much richer production job than Martes. Cosmos is gorgeous, but focusing heavily on droney space ambient and contemporary classical stuff, with only a couple of tracks like the earlier records.

Archived