IGNORED

Interpreting Aphex Twin: The visual world of Collapse

o00o

A short documentary exploring how Weridcore and Daniel Mason set about creating the visual information for Aphex Twin's Collapse EP - from mind-melting videos to foil-engraved record sleeves.

For new EP Collapse, it fell to long-time friend and collaborator Weirdcore to begin piecing together a visual narrative from the fragments provided. “A sense of collapsing” was the starting point, as Weirdcore set about trying to create a video that drew inspiration from Designers Republic-era Warp sleeves, Cornish cottages, Blade Runner, and a series of imagined android hallucinations.

For Daniel Mason, tasked with researching and delivering the limited edition record sleeve, the instructions were even more diffuse. He talks about being given a “series of co-ordinates or part of an equation”. In the case of Collapse, this began with a hunt for an obsolete foil-engraving technique used on ’60s electronic avant garde label Prospective 21e Siècle, and ended in the workshop of one Handy Bendy Wendy.

Shame they didn't put in as much effort with the actual pressing of the record! But hey, cool

Looks like most collapse vinyl was grand:)

Your request (#86408) has been deemed solved.

MB, Nov 5, 12:27 GMT:

Hi Archie

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

There were some issues with some pressings. but the internet made is seem more widespread than it actually was.

We're pleased that your copy, like many others, was fine.

Bleep Stores Support

Archie Novak, Nov 5, 11:51 GMT:

Hello, I ordered my collapse ltd. ed. vinyl from juno and it was perfect. I've compared it to my 2116 kbps wav and it's the same. RDJ listened to three different copies and even he says that there's nothing wrong with the collapse vinyl pressing only clean the record first before playing. I hear the same background noise, pops and clicks on both my record and 2116 wav It's the same. What was everyone's consensus at warp? Have you compared the wav to multiple clean collapse ep's? Is there anything wrong with the pressing? Not to my ears.

Thanks, diatoms

------------------

Submitted from: https://aphextwin.warp.net/account

Everyone should ask for another copy of collapse vinyl

if yours is bunk

Shame they didn't put in as much effort with the actual pressing of the record! But hey, cool

Looks like most collapse vinyl was grand:)

Your request (#86408) has been deemed solved.

MB, Nov 5, 12:27 GMT:

Hi Archie

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

There were some issues with some pressings. but the internet made is seem more widespread than it actually was.

We're pleased that your copy, like many others, was fine.

Bleep Stores Support

Archie Novak, Nov 5, 11:51 GMT:

Hello, I ordered my collapse ltd. ed. vinyl from juno and it was perfect. I've compared it to my 2116 kbps wav and it's the same. RDJ listened to three different copies and even he says that there's nothing wrong with the collapse vinyl pressing only clean the record first before playing. I hear the same background noise, pops and clicks on both my record and 2116 wav It's the same. What was everyone's consensus at warp? Have you compared the wav to multiple clean collapse ep's? Is there anything wrong with the pressing? Not to my ears.

Thanks, diatoms

------------------

Submitted from: https://aphextwin.warp.net/account

Everyone should ask for another copy of collapse vinyl

if yours is bunk

Well, you'd expect them to say that, no? Surely the number of people on WATMM alone that commented about their vinyl having issues would lead one to assume if such a small sample population is complaining, that the issue must be more widespread than thought. I'd also argue that Bleep shouldn't assume that requests for replacements does not equal the number of actual defects. I bet there are many who haven't listened to the vinyl yet, and have a defective copy sitting there.

Also, without knowing the production run numbers, saying there are or are not a lot of defects is a bit of a shot in the dark anyway.

good interview but it hurts my eyes. i don't understand why he stills tries to hide his face. you can only get away with it if your wearing something, e.g. buckethead scenario.

i mean c'mon, your face is already out there m8...

What you just did is exactly why he hides his face. 

Aphex fans have got a reputation.

btw got any rare pics of his wife?

yes pix are in my avatar.

alternatively, i have can share with you the 100+ page thread archive of the topic 'Pics of RDJ'. i'll pm u it since you're so obsessed with me. :biggrin:

Archived