IGNORED

OPEN CALL: Snare Rush Compilation

Hello

With the next issue of my music zine I want to bundle with a 3" CD of short experimental electronic music tracks.

A 3" disc comfortably holds 21 minutes of music, so I am hoping to fill this with around 7 to 10 tracks, or however it pans out.

Music must be new and not currently featured commercially elsewhere.

Artists will be fully credited - please supply me with short artist bio / photo / links / inspiration for the track (details as below...)

Featured artists will receive a copy of the zine and disc. I will probably also start a bandcamp page allowing a download of the compilation for each zine reader, plus maybe some additional tracks that do not fit on the disc if I like them ?

The scope for the compilation is:-

Using something you already own in a new way.

So I want to encourage experimentation / upcycling of maybe old hardware / software or something you have possibly not linked together before. Think outside the box.  Or maybe something new for you - ever tried vocals? No? Now is your chance.

Always fancied sticking a contact mic on your boiler pipes? Do it.

Field recordings from a place you are just visiting for the first time.  YES please.

A genre / style you have not attempted before....

Absolutely no rush (yet) - probably looking at November or whenever it is finished....

Please try and keep the track short - 2 or 3 minutes would be ideal (or less....)

PM me or discuss here if you are interested please.

please dropbox tracks and send me info zine@snarerush.co.uk

All contributions welcome and considered on their individual merits / ideas.

Cheers peeps

I can do one. Probably combining some techniques and instruments I hadn't put together before. I haven't heard anyone do this kind of thing before, so I want to give it a shot.

• 1 month later...

Had a number of submissions already, all good sounds. No deadline yet but the sooner the better.

I will announce a definite deadline when work on the accompanying zine is pushing on. I know some (myself included) work better to a date 

• 1 month later...

Thanks! No rush yet (and no pun intended....) I just know how these things get forgotten....

Im only about 40% into getting stuff together for the zine and I always overrun on my deadlines, but continual reminders is the only way for me to get things done especially

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

Going to start working on this next week. Just moved the studio into a new space and need to get things sorted.

I am going to re-use this excuse too. 

I have been eyeing this thread and the WATMM compilation one for weeks now, but monitor troubles have been keeping me from really committing to it.

Archived