IGNORED

Squarepusher RoundHouse London 15/5/20

donquixote

Hail Satan!! (just procured my ticket) 

Hopefully it will be savage.

Made me think and laugh. Last time I saw Squarepusher I was munted on proper drugs, first course a few fat lines of coke (even did one on the handrail in the main foyer of the theatre, fuck yeah! Legend) then a second course of mdma. I was actually so fucked up by the time I got out I gurned at the tube map for half an hour to work out what the fuck was going on. I remember getting tangled up in those 3 pronged revolving gates at the station. Some geezer had to help me out.

Nowadays I just prefer a few glasses of beer and a glass of red wine. Monk style.

34 minutes ago, beer badger said:

Hail Satan!! (just procured my ticket) 

Hopefully it will be savage.

Made me think and laugh. Last time I saw Squarepusher I was munted on proper drugs, first course a few fat lines of coke (even did one on the handrail in the main foyer of the theatre, fuck yeah! Legend) then a second course of mdma. I was actually so fucked up by the time I got out I gurned at the tube map for half an hour to work out what the fuck was going on. I remember getting tangled up in those 3 pronged revolving gates at the station. Some geezer had to help me out.

Nowadays I just prefer a few glasses of beer and a glass of red wine. Monk style.

Yes beer badger! Glad youre on board! I think I'll be purely pissed at this too. I've got right back in to psychedelics in recent years (as all the above leaves me feeling broken and guilty these days) but my missis will kick my ass if I take her to a squarepusher gig on her birthday and then get myself into a state where I can see x-rays, radiation and other shit she can't and would never want to. Problem with booze is maintaining a healthy level of pissed and still remembering it in the morning though. 

1 hour ago, beer badger said:

I can drink all day and all night. Three tokes on a biffter and I’m jelly.

Truth.

Get some hash bruv. The kids are doing it all wrong. Hash is still enjoyable..

I guess it's possible, seems slightly improbable though. However, I could totally dig a double Jenkinson line up. Think I read somewhere that a radio host was gushing over the support slot, saying it was someone special, hence the added interest. Obviously I'm mostly concerned with a wicked set from Tom but he's had some wicked support in the past... LFO, Luke Vibert etc.

42 minutes ago, elcid4 said:

I guess it's possible, seems slightly improbable though. However, I could totally dig a double Jenkinson line up. Think I read somewhere that a radio host was gushing over the support slot, saying it was someone special, hence the added interest. Obviously I'm mostly concerned with a wicked set from Tom but he's had some wicked support in the past... LFO, Luke Vibert etc.

I believe Mary Anne hobbs said "very, very, very, very special guest". Which to me is aphex twin, however, as Mary is the most enthusiastic person in the world, potentially more enthusiastic than even boomkat, this could mean a drunk tramp, on spice playing a bin on the street outside. 

On 11/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, donquixote said:

I believe Mary Anne hobbs said "very, very, very, very special guest". Which to me is aphex twin, however, as Mary is the most enthusiastic person in the world, potentially more enthusiastic than even boomkat, this could mean a drunk tramp, on spice playing a bin on the street outside. 

Yeah I can't listen to her. I have no doubt in real life she is lovely lady. But as soon as hear her voice BBC6 gets killed. She's not alone though, only Tom Ravenscroft doesn't annoy me out of all the prime time slot DJs

17 minutes ago, beer badger said:

Yeah I can't listen to her. I have no doubt in real life she is lovely lady. But as soon as hear her voice BBC6 gets killed. She's not alone though, only Tom Ravenscroft doesn't annoy me out of all the prime time slot DJ

I used to think Sunday was brilliant. Now I mostly like Guy which is a constant source of suprise and makes me feel dead old. Jarvis was good and they should get him back. That Scouse bloke from red dwarf on Saturday is the worst tho. I fucking hate him.

I don't get to listen in the week much, which is probably a good thing....I agree Rave-oh is good tho.

In a strange twist of fate I listened to the Lauren LaVern squarepusher interview yesterday. She proposes Tom J should have a show. Thatd be ace. 

To be fair to MAH shes introduced me to some wicked music over the years. Some things I can genuinely remember the moment I heard them they were that good. I just wish she was a bit more John peel and like "this is a bloke who's mic'd up his sax loads of times and it sounds mad" rather than a list of positive describing words longer than my arm that I would normally reserve for some sort of religious experience. 

2 minutes ago, donquixote said:

rather than a list of positive describing words longer than my arm that I would normally reserve for some sort of religious experience. 

Ha ha! Dude you hit the nail on the head. That is exactly what it's like.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/22/2020 at 8:33 AM, psn said:

Any news on the very very very very special guestage?

Possibly changed now but was gonna be Paranoid London & Scalping! 

• 5 months later...

Fuck knows what's happening with this, anyone got a clue? Was super hyped to see this show (from the original time of booking) & dance around like an unhinged goon (with respect to the surrounding audience). Seeing where we're at at the moment I can't imagine it going ahead. There seems to be no info on the Roundhouse website as far as I could see.... 

*browses hazmat suits online

Archived