IGNORED

Mexican cerveza thread

drillkicker

:beer:

The best ones are the ones i discovered after moving south, which afaik dont export much..

Cerveceria Bohemia (i just learned is originally from the DR but now owned by one of the big mx corporations) is probably my favorite, all of their brews are excellent at a price point only slightly higher than your standard modelo etc.

Of the basic beers, I prefer Indio or Modelo Especial or Negra modelo. Im meh on corona, victoria, pacifico, carta blanca, xx..  Tecate, im convinced tastes better in the town of Tecate.  Maybe its just the desert heat, but it tasted much better there than the stuff they export.

'Craft beer' is growing, but there are too many copycats of the US beer scene, which doesnt make much sense since they have to import many of the ingredients such as hops.  But of this category, one of my favorites is Cerveceria Hercules.  Have never tried a brew of theirs i didnt like.

There is also a growing trend of using local ingredients such as agave, to make agave beers and blends.  Monstruo de agua is a standout in this genre.  Of course if we are talking related beverages, i could also go on a tangent about pulque..  I also havent got to micheladas, will save that for another post.

4 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Don't drink Mexican beer - you'll get the... Coronavirus! :dadjoke:

(Corona is a Mexican brand of beer)

I created this thread specifically to divert beer discussion away from the coronavirus thread.  Now I see that this is going to end up being the disease thread.

3 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I created this thread specifically to divert beer discussion away from the coronavirus thread.  Now I see that this is going to end up being the disease thread.

Well I think @markedone has you covered there - I just love bad puns

dos equis amber or modelo especial are probably my favorites. I really don't like corona. other Mexican standards already mentioned like sol, tecate, etc. are ok, but given a choice I'd go with something else.

Although not Mexican, Toña is the crispest and most refreshing cerveza I've ever had.

I drank a lot of Victoria last time I was in Mexico. You can slug back that shit all day.

Modelo Especial

One of my top beers in general. But I stopped drinking alcohol nearly a month ago because of all the weight I put on in December when I was pretty much guzzling beer.

Archived