IGNORED

Jan Jelinek 2001 Liveset

Don't get me wrong, i love farben/jelinek stuff from this era, but this set didn't do much for me. I think because I recognized all the tracks? It comes across like a dj set. Great tracks but I was expecting something different.

Then again, I didn't listen closely because all the brain-power went into Autechre sets today, lol

I generally enjoy this kind of stuff, but specifically when I go through the Farben material it really only makes me want to go listen to Rechenzentrum.

47 minutes ago, kichiguy said:

Haven't delved into his Farben alias yet and seems like I'm missing out. Any recos?

the starbox compilation has all the tracks from the four color-covered ep's. And Farben. Says: Don't Fight Phrases is definitely my favorite of those eps.

also i dont draw a huge disctinction between his aliases (despite working in different styles) so i'd further rec all jan jelinek / the exposures, ursula bogner albums, and the collaborative albums with triosk and masayoshi fujita

23 hours ago, markedone said:

the starbox compilation has all the tracks from the four color-covered ep's. And Farben. Says: Don't Fight Phrases is definitely my favorite of those eps.

also i dont draw a huge disctinction between his aliases (despite working in different styles) so i'd further rec all jan jelinek / the exposures, ursula bogner albums, and the collaborative albums with triosk and masayoshi fujita

I agree with them all kind of blending together. My personal favorite is Loop Finding Jazz Records and La Nouvelle Pauvrete.

Archived