Jump to content

Recommended Posts

High quality stuff. I like how dense this track is while being very calm. The soothing chords bring it all together. Good job on the panning, too

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks!  i'm trying to pay a lot more attention to levels and panning.  i know it's kind of a meme, but Mike Senior's 'Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio' got me straightened out on a lot of the basic stuff that I'd been ignoring

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of the AFX Hangable Auto Bulb stylee lol. Not really my thing but still quite cool. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

this is good, almost an older type feeling to it, nice offkilter beats :music:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, auxien said:

this is good, almost an older type feeling to it, nice offkilter beats :music:

haha thanks, yea my taste def skews to older stuff in a lot of ways, i really like super raw beats like BDP, and Audio Two.  i kinda sketch out shit along those lines and then layer and edit and what not from there

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Well made track man ... Really nice distortion on those noise samples and very nice trails on that reverb. The FM stuff is very nicely done too and sits well within the mix ... 🙂 Very serious track tho so would have to be in the mood but this is definitely in the upper ranks of what gets posted ... Will be keen to dig about to see what else you're making 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, Stickfigger said:

Well made track man ... Really nice distortion on those noise samples and very nice trails on that reverb. The FM stuff is very nicely done too and sits well within the mix ... 🙂 Very serious track tho so would have to be in the mood but this is definitely in the upper ranks of what gets posted ... Will be keen to dig about to see what else you're making 

thanks so much!  i'm working through some new stuff now solo, and with a friend on a duo project called Sedenion, if you'd like to check it out we're here on bandcamp:  https://sedenion.bandcamp.com/

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very proper. This is just my taste but I think that more could be done with the arrangement, it kind of wanders, but still, very good sound design, it must have taken a lot of time and it shows. Nice one

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 8:11 AM, Dpek said:

Very proper. This is just my taste but I think that more could be done with the arrangement, it kind of wanders, but still, very good sound design, it must have taken a lot of time and it shows. Nice one

thanks, yea, it's straight up a wandering melody, its funny you mention that i was just thinking along those exact same lines as im sitting in front of my gear right now.  it's a weird problem, to me at least, because if i get really too constructed around a verse/chorus/verse, then i don't feel i'm very good at making it sound anything but very static and predictable.  i'm listening to a bunch of tracks right now where there's something more constructed, but escapes that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...