IGNORED

rofl

Guest Rambo

teams should just pick players from their local community then you wouldn't have all this disloyal malarkey. Make you feel better about supporting the thing as well, when you know it's the plumber from down the road's son that scored the goal. /leaves thread to avoid inevitable earbashing about being able to go and watch the local G league team play out the back of tesco's carpark with a rusty paint tin on a sunday night if i'm so inclined.

Nah, it's a great signing (if a bit over-priced, though we can hardly complain after having just fleeced City). Cracking business for us overall this summer. We've spent £77.5m (plus whatever Ings costs in the tribunal) and have brought in £57.5m in sales so far (with more cash to come from Enrique, Lambert, Borini and Balotelli hopefully). Milner will be a big upgrade on Gerrard (who's only really had one decent season in the last four), Clyne a big improvement on Johnson, Firmino might not quite have the explosive talent that Sterling has, but looks to be further along in his development so will probably improve the team straight away, Origi and Ings will provide far better squad coverage than Lambert and Borini (Origi in particular looks the business, if a little rough round the edges), and Benteke is obviously a big improvement over Balotelli (he's got pace, finishing, movement, best aerial ability in the league as well, can hold it up, bully defenders, only downside I can see so far is his passing is pants, though that may improve surrounded by better players). Joe Gomez looks a talent as well, though where he's going to get games with Lovren, Toure, Wisdom and Ilori also around at CB I don't know (maybe Ilori will go on loan again, or might provide an option at right back in the early cup games or something). We're certainly in better shape than we were at the start of last season, really looking forward to the start of the season.

Way better than paying overprice for some average English player like they've excessively been doing over the last 3-4 years.

Benteke is a proven PL goalscorer and still very young which obviously means even more untapped potential. I say go ahead Liverpool.

Edited by Npoess

what has he done for Villa? scored a brace the start of of 1 season, faded after, picked up a few then went to shit with the rest of that team

he's a premier league striker with a profile, over-priced & L'pool have stormed in,,,,,,, dare the name Andy Carroll come up in reference........

would love to see Liverpool kick on, keep Coutinho fit (and at the club), but while Benteke might be better than Balo, he's not top class

i'll wager any1 a donation of 5£ to a charity of choice that he wont get more than 12 goals

do you realise he's scored at a rate of 1 in 2 since he arrived in england (3 seasons)? he's not very much like andy carroll at all (aside from both being good in the air, he's not a crock, has pace, and good movement too). also, he's still only 24 and Villa are pretty shit, so he's there's a good chance he'll keep improving year on year now for a while, and at the rate we create chances if he's actually any good he should score more with us (as long as we can play to his strengths of course).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sam Allardyce has a new book

“It does rankle with me at times, the double standards you see in the press. Jesus walks on water and they build a religion around him. I get Bolton into the top six with one of the smallest budgets in the Premiership and everybody calls me a long-ball manager. Anyway, if Jesus is such a miracle worker, how come he got caught? You’ve got to win your battles.

“Neil Armstrong claims to be the first man on the Moon, and fair play to him, it’s a results business. But it’s not as if he flew there himself, is it? Any old duffer can sit in a metal box and get blasted into space. I’d like to have seen him try and navigate his way there using a dog-eared Esso Road Atlas. I’d have a lot more respect for him then.

“Also, I didn’t like that whole ‘one small step’ business. If it was me – and I admit, walking on the lunar surface is still an aspiration rather than an achievement at this stage – I would have taken a ruddy big step. You’ve got to get stuck in, show the Moon you’re not intimidated. He went down in my estimation after that.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...