IGNORED

Pan Sonic - Oksastus

Vilwx

i'm not surprised to see them back together, but i'm surprised it's so soon.

i'm excited but a little wary. the stretch of albums from vakio to kesto is among the best ever, but i was a bit underwhelmed by both katodivaihe and gravitoni (though they both had their moments). i've been enjoying vainio's solo material from the past few years though, so hopefully the new record will not be a disappointment

i remember reading some interview where vainio claimed he had a new Ø album coming this year as well. i hope that hasn't fallen through the craks

i'm not surprised to see them back together, but i'm surprised it's so soon.

i'm excited but a little wary. the stretch of albums from vakio to kesto is among the best ever, but i was a bit underwhelmed by both katodivaihe and gravitoni (though they both had their moments). i've been enjoying vainio's solo material from the past few years though, so hopefully the new record will not be a disappointment

i remember reading some interview where vainio claimed he had a new Ø album coming this year as well. i hope that hasn't fallen through the craks

You mean this?

http://boomkat.com/downloads/809303--mika-vainio-konstellaatio

They usually release his archives on Sahko, but since it's an album, i guess it's newly composed.

• 2 months later...

PANSONICADV1-1024x342.jpg
but just that alone is misleading, just speaking from my own perspective if I released a live album by a band that had broken up off my label and i omitted that from the initial banner ad/marketing materials (like the above banner) it would have been an intentional omission. Omitting it would catapult the amount of attention towards this release, where as originally making it very clear it was a live album and not new material would probably not get very much notice at all in comparison.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is incredibly well-recorded and mastered.

Does exactly what it says on the very nice packaging - Pan Sonic always fcking kill it and this one does not disappoint.

If anyone has any doubts about purchasing because of price -- you need to splurge on this. Not your average release; album of the year so far.

I'm just sad it was edited down!! I want the whole thing because I am greedy.

Not heard any Pan Sonic before but just ordered from Boomkat on the strength of the comments on here. Got a feeling I might regret it if I didn't.

Archived