IGNORED

Autistic media of the Autechrean nature

misc

When I listen to autechre I often get images in my head of these huge vast spaces, and towering alien structures, and weird squelchy creatures that morph in and out of walls or are made of cuboids and all that kinda stuff, and I wanted to find other things aside from music that have a similar kind of feel.

And i'm talking anything like films, books, art, video games, comics, anything.

Basically just what other things give you that ae vibe (or AEsthetic....sorry)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

normally I find when people ask these kind of things - similar to boc, similar to snares, similar to ae - nothing suggested quite hits the mark

maybe I'll be surprised? seems like something could be done with computer graphics but I don't know about you, I find that the videos never meatch the mental images their music gives me

normally I find when people ask these kind of things - similar to boc, similar to snares, similar to ae - nothing suggested quite hits the mark

maybe I'll be surprised? seems like something could be done with computer graphics but I don't know about you, I find that the videos never meatch the mental images their music gives me

yeah i get you, i guess thats why i made the thread cause it'd be so nuts to actually see some of the kind of mental images i get listening to them in a film or something

their music puts me in such a specific place and i'd love to translate that into some kind of visual media

Please can we give a minute to respect Fallingwater - it's on the cover of Envane:

new_first.jpg

yeah totally and the frank lloyd wright, the architect has some pretty freakin cool drawings:

thelivingcity.jpg

frank_lloyd_wright_1947_huntington_hartf

i dont know, i did a google image search for complex flat shaded cgi stuff. Somehow every time I've hallucinated on ketamine this is the type of stuff I see, and when I've gotten into hypnagogic/deep states while listening to AE sober it conjures the same imagery.

When I listen to autechre I often get images in my head of these huge vast spaces, and towering alien structures, and weird squelchy creatures that morph in and out of walls or are made of cuboids and all that kinda stuff, and I wanted to find other things aside from music that have a similar kind of feel.

And i'm talking anything like films, books, art, video games, comics, anything.

Basically just what other things give you that ae vibe (or AEsthetic....sorry)

Smoke DMT and close your eyes.

^ lol @ 0:47, dude's obviously not familiar with the 'chre.

Also, LP5 is pretty much forever twinned with Rendezvous with Rama for some reason. Immense artificial contained deep space world with its own weather and impossibly cryptic tech. Not really trippy but still heady in a kind of euphoric way.

you may want to check out Lebbeus Woods, everytime I listen to confield, draft and exai, his works appears in my head, I remember someone mentioned that in the AAA thread too.

lebbeus_kwinter_01.jpg

big_407892_9550_06_SFMOMA-Lebbeus_Woods-

Lebbeus-Woods.jpg

you may want to check out Lebbeus Woods, everytime I listen to confield, draft and exai, his works appears in my head, I remember someone mentioned that in the AAA thread too.

lebbeus_kwinter_01.jpg

big_407892_9550_06_SFMOMA-Lebbeus_Woods-

Lebbeus-Woods.jpg

so i was searching around this guys stuff and stumbled across an architecture firm called Coop Himmelbau and holy shit some of their designs are incredibly autechrean:

P_0804_F028_DM.jpg

P_9807_R18_AH_1097_823_90.jpg

52262893e8e44e33d30000f1_dawang-mountain

Tri Repetae

p1.jpg

Oversteps

barock_01.jpg

Its weird but i can describe them better with words than pictures even i´m more a visual person.

lol imagining sean and rob sitting at their computers writing oversteps while dressed like that, wig and all

method musicians, gotta immerse yourself in the music

Not sure what's autechrian nature. I recall Sean's mentioning Calatrava some good years ago. Some diversity in his stuff, here's a couple of cool insectoid frontal pics. Btw, i spoilered it, how smart of me.

santiago-calatrava-valencia-opera-house-

dsc_0136.jpg

Archived