IGNORED

Isn't it time for a proper live release?

soundwave

Utrecht has 14,000+ hit's on youtube and my rough Bloc recording has had over 5600 downloads in just over two weeks!

I think there's certainly a market for some official live soundboard recordings maybe even a Boomkat style ltd edition boxed set?

We need this :cerious:

Utrecht has 14,000+ hit's on youtube and my rough Bloc recording has had over 5600 downloads in just over two weeks!

I think there's certainly a market for some official live soundboard recordings maybe even a Boomkat style ltd edition boxed set?

Except knowing Boomkat it won't actually be limited (referencing the SND reissues on 'limited' colour vinyl, that ended up getting repressed on colour vinyl again for a compiled box set)

Except knowing Boomkat it won't actually be limited (referencing the SND reissues on 'limited' colour vinyl, that ended up getting repressed on colour vinyl again for a compiled box set)

everything on Boomkat is amazing and limited for a limited time :biggrin:

We keep asking sean and rob to release the live sets as high quality audio files but they're not interested! Come on guys (if you're reading this) - you won't be 'milking' it. The fans really want this stuff.

Can we do a petition - to ask if Sean/Rob would consider doing any kind of live set release? Just to demonstrate the interest there is in such a release...

edit: - or can someone call a poll on the Ae forum?

Can we do a petition - to ask if Sean/Rob would consider doing any kind of live set release? Just to demonstrate the interest there is in such a release...

if they don't wanna release them, they don't wanna release them.

i thought we already cleared this up, that they said they would consider releasing them in the AAA. The only reason they were 'mad' at things like the Glasgow soundboard leaking as far as I understand it was because they didn't feel like the sound was mixed/mastered properly for a straight soundboard, they preferred audience recordings because it was made for the room/space. Which is why i suggested getting someone to produce a Brian Albers/humorless productions style recording of half soundboard/half audience and mix it together like this stuff: https://recordlabelrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-cremation-of-care. Someone like autechre with the backing of a label like Warp could get an incredibly good quality recording using similar techniques, I'm not sure any of the Quaristice or Untilted sets were recording this way, i think i remember them saying they had multiple private soundboards they would listen to in between stops to refine for the next set.
My feeling is that between Sean and Rob they are fairly anal/OCD about what they want out of theirs, and if its not 'perfect' it probably wont come out. And sean if you are reading this, sorry if it sounds 'petty' but ive been a fan for a long time and read enough interviews to know this mindset isn't inaccurate. But just to maybe light a little bit of a fire, hopefully AE take a cue from RDJ and even though Richard acknowledged how 'anal' he has become as he's aged, he still released 170 unmastered and some unfinished tracks for the fans.

But I think they base that decision not to release on the perception they might give off as, I quote, having a "milking it" mentality, when us fans don't care about that and in fact would be happy to pay.

I also remember them saying that it would be impossible for them not to start tweaking it which would turn into a rabbit hole and they'd rather put the time and energy into new material.

I feel some blackmail/extortion is in order

COMPLY TO OUR DEMANDS OR THIS QUADRAVERB GETS IT

OuQX9oQ.png

Someone like autechre with the backing of a label like Warp could get an incredibly good quality recording using similar techniques

You mean something in the line of Do You Know Squarepusher double album with the 2001 live in Japan recording (but with higher quality)? I would dig

not that one specifically, i actually thought it was a pretty average audience recording. Check out that link i posted to Brian Albers stuff, imo much better than that Squarepusher one. It was recorded in a much smaller space, but so are most AE shows. Probably the closest sounding track to Ae that recorded and did treatment to on the same comp (by Xanopticon) https://recordlabelrecords.bandcamp.com/track/pt-2-3

much better quality indeed, although i still enjoy audience's responses in the SP release (is this recording also '01 or from the '11 cremation festival? description got me confused)

I can see why the lads won't be happy with a dry soundboard as the set will be designed for medium sized venues and all the acoustics that go with it however I did a little experiment with the Glasgow '05 set and put a little reverb and eq over the top.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/9cq808i9box1f95/AE_Glasgow_'05_redux.mp3

Although a bit rough n ready high end sounds certainly has more depth and if done properly with decent quality soundboards I think you could easily get close to the 'live' sound as it was intended.

Autechre do not negotiate with terrorists.

OuQX9oQ.png

Also, very funny.

I've tweaked the Glasgow Art School 2005 redux a little, not sure if something like this has already been done but it's more live sounding than the dry soundboard

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/9cq808i9box1f95/AE_Glasgow_'05_redux.mp3

I think this and the Toronto 2001 redux is as close as we're ever going to get for now, if only there was a Quaristice tour soundboard :cry:

Guest bitroast

Autechre do not negotiate with terrorists.

OuQX9oQ.png

Also, very funny.

its ok guys it's just a guitar unit.

Archived