IGNORED

IF Rich released an EP of songs like Ziggomatic 17, Mt. St. Michaels, etc.

Tessier Ashpool

So, was thinking about the fact that he mentioned that CCAI was a sequel of sorts (i.e., Drukqs was Pt1). That's an EP solely dedicated to the prepared instrument type of music, but there are many other styles represented on Drukqs (ambient, Bjork torture songs, etc.).

Personally, my favorite stuff on Drukqs are things like Z17, Vordhosbn, etc. I've actually been hoping for some tracks like that in the soundcloud dump (which, I know, may still happen) but looks like we haven't gotten to that era yet (if we ever do).

However, I was also wondering what it would be like to have an EP dedicated to songs like this, but with more recent work having been done (sort of like CCAI). Even if it was, like, 5 songs long, I think I'd be unable to remove the perma-grin from my face for years. . .

So, yeah, anyone else have this dream/fantasy?

https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/179-brk-2

This one has to be from that era imo. But yeah, I completely share your dream/fantasy. I don't even dare to ask for more after the last few months though...

Holy WTshit how did I miss this one. Yeah, sounds Drukqs era (or Smojphace Run the Place Red Remix-y). Thnx HJ!

Yeah, too true - does seem selfish to even dream about this given the (more than) generous outpouring of tunage. Hard (acknowledging here that this is selfish) b/c literally NO ONE makes tracks like these so any glimmer of hope makes me want it all the more.

Side note: I'm old, is this one of times where someone would write "hashtag:selfish" ???

I'm sure he's got alternate/extended versions of a load of Drukqs tracks. I always thought it would be cool if he released a sort of 'Alternate Aphex' album with edits and remixes of old tracks.

http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Drukqs-2-Track-Promo/release/24484

+

'there are more, inc. versions of the tracks that were released on saw1, those will come out on a re-release one day hopefully, so saving those for that.'

+ we got a lot of edits from tracks in the soundcloud dump (Donkey Rhubarb remix / version, [slo] versions, etc.) + the Syrobonkers interview (I mean, even early versions of tracks from The Tuss, Syro and Analord!) + the upcoming EP + am I missing something?

I agree, I love those subtle edits or remixes, but man are we fucking spoiled lately :)

It's hard to believe the only track he's done in that style since Drukqs was Death Fuck, so hopefully we will see some stuff. If it does come out, it'll probably be last in line for the things he has planned. It seems like a nice outro for the 'current era' of the Afx.

those tracks needed some buildups and comedowns, not sure it would be as enjoyable with just that type of track across an entire release.

Absolutely. With that said, I wonder how many people listen to CCAI and Syro shuffled together like Drukqs (or why they weren't released as one album).

those tracks needed some buildups and comedowns, not sure it would be as enjoyable with just that type of track across an entire release.

Absolutely. With that said, I wonder how many people listen to CCAI and Syro shuffled together like Drukqs (or why they weren't released as one album).

Yeah, that's pretty irrelevant to me personally. 90% of what I listen to on Drukqs are the fast ones (and CCAI 1 on occasion) not so much the experimental ones.... I basically have a side playlist with just them :).

Guest kymppinetti

So, yeah, anyone else have this dream/fantasy?

yeah, every true idm fan dreams of having Richard inside them at least twice a week

and here i thought about that i was the only one. i'm glad to get to know people with the same view as i have.

I'm sure he's got alternate/extended versions of a load of Drukqs tracks. I always thought it would be cool if he released a sort of 'Alternate Aphex' album with edits and remixes of old tracks.

http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Drukqs-2-Track-Promo/release/24484

+

'there are more, inc. versions of the tracks that were released on saw1, those will come out on a re-release one day hopefully, so saving those for that.'

+ we got a lot of edits from tracks in the soundcloud dump (Donkey Rhubarb remix / version, [slo] versions, etc.) + the Syrobonkers interview (I mean, even early versions of tracks from The Tuss, Syro and Analord!) + the upcoming EP + am I missing something?

I agree, I love those subtle edits or remixes, but man are we fucking spoiled lately :)

Very true, I've got a little playlist for the alt SC tracks:

1. heliosphan live

2. rhubarb orc. 19.53 rev

3. scorrier

4. donkey rhubarb remix

5. 5 1 (4 early version)

6. carn marth remix

7. Girl Boy Dark Version

8. avril altdelay

9. avril 14th reversed music not audio

10. fenix funk [early mixdown]

11. synthacon1

12. CIRCLONT4A[plydslow]+N[unmastered]

13. CIRCLONT10A [orig]

14. diskhat ALL prepared1mixed [snr2mix] (although this is barely different)

That's probably not the best order but I tried to put them in order of when they would have been recorded.

noise, on 01 Apr 2015 - 1:49 PM, said:

i don't think those releases fit together at all

what do you mean?

edit: okay I see what you mean. I must have misread or missed something. Yeah, CCAI and Syro are 100% different beasts.

Yes god please more of that. Last thing to give me that wonderful druqksy feeling was Circlont6a (probably why it's my most listened to track from syro).

I always assumed the amount of edits involved in tunes like these would reduce the amount of unreleased ones there are... it's a different kettle of fish to the early 90s ones that were probably made in a couple of days each

Hope there is more though, I love this style too, fucking mental rush to them!

a shame he'll likely not do anything quite as mental as drukqs' beat programming again, since those were done entirely on the computer (right? i think that's right)

179 brk 2 isn't drukqs era imo. too analogue sounding.

Where did you read that Drukqs is CCAI part. 1?

I have trouble understanding your fantasy...

I have trouble understanding your delirium to hear two different albums that did not come out at the same time...

***I have a dream today!***

I would like to be Martin Luther King, Jr. - do you treat me an idiot or insane in this case?

Anyway we have the right to dream, but to get back in the past? No, I think like all artists go forward to the future, creating something new or innovative.

Yes, why go back?

:crazy:

Remember that I like to joke that I only seeks to understand you... I'm not trying to offend you or ridicule you. :happy:

Peace & Be Wild!

https://soundcloud.com/richarddjames/diskhat-all-prepared1mixed-snr2mix

another mix,

In answer to the questions I keep getting asked.

ccai pt2 , part 1 is Drukqs, as that was the first thing I released that utilised computer controlled instruments, namely a modified Yamaha disklavier, 2nd gen and a couple of midi controlled solenoid based drum mechanisms I made just after I got the Disklavier.

I kept seeing them [disklaviers] in hotels, usually used to pipe muzak around the place and thought why doesn't anyone actually use one of these to compose music on and make beats etc!

A couple of times when i saw them in hotel lobbies, i sneaked up to the disklavier and set it to play ultra low pitch and very slow, funny watching peoples reactions, it was down every corridor etc

NOBODY i spoke to back in around 1999 inc. people at yamaha knew how to connect one of these to a computer and I had to take my computer into Yamaha to try it out to see how fast these things could go, no info on the net then either.

The first year I burned out countless solenoids in the thing and learnt how to repair them myself, the more recent gen ones like I used at the barbican have temperature cut outs on them thankfully, i’ve still fried a few though!

https://soundcloud.com/richarddjames/diskhat-all-prepared1mixed-snr2mix

another mix,

In answer to the questions I keep getting asked.

ccai pt2 , part 1 is Drukqs, as that was the first thing I released that utilised computer controlled instruments, namely a modified Yamaha disklavier, 2nd gen and a couple of midi controlled solenoid based drum mechanisms I made just after I got the Disklavier.

I kept seeing them [disklaviers] in hotels, usually used to pipe muzak around the place and thought why doesn't anyone actually use one of these to compose music on and make beats etc!

A couple of times when i saw them in hotel lobbies, i sneaked up to the disklavier and set it to play ultra low pitch and very slow, funny watching peoples reactions, it was down every corridor etc

NOBODY i spoke to back in around 1999 inc. people at yamaha knew how to connect one of these to a computer and I had to take my computer into Yamaha to try it out to see how fast these things could go, no info on the net then either.

The first year I burned out countless solenoids in the thing and learnt how to repair them myself, the more recent gen ones like I used at the barbican have temperature cut outs on them thankfully, i’ve still fried a few though!

:wink: Thanks! :beer:

Hopefully he'll be getting back to a computer soonish. I'm hoping that that experimental FM synth he keeps talking about, the one that lets you randomize patches in a specific way, will get him back into computers to some degree. Then again he raves about the circlont sequencer quite a lot.

Eh, RIP Drukqs fast bits!

Archived