IGNORED

Is Hyperpop The Future Of Pop?

hijexx

On 3/5/2021 at 5:51 AM, brian trageskin said:

zeff truly has the worst taste in anything basically. i'm quite sure karl marx had terrible taste in music too so there's that

"no good music is made in our time, only after our deaths will music's true eternal form be reached, as capital condenses into a form capable of generating metallic farts" -karl marx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i believe slowed down and modified music has a variable sensational input depending on how many times youve listened to the original.  if you listen to the original 20 times then one day listen to the slowed down and downpitched version, its transcendental, beautiful, rising above the material plane

and anyway, this form of music is particularly appealing to people of a particular age and geographical region since it's a re-emergence of early 2000s emo music which was ubiquitous during childhood of some people, and is eternally unimpeachable

Edited by cyanobacteria

Just now, cyanobacteria said:

i believe slowed down and modified music has a variable sensational input depending on how many times youve listened to the original.  if you listen to the original 20 times then one day listen to the slowed down and downpitched version, its transcendental, beautiful, rising above the material plane

word. with songs i've listened to a shitload i eventually get to the point where i'm exclusively listening to them at other speeds. my own tracks too, which means by the time stuff shows up on an album it's usually way faster or slower than the speed i originally recorded it at

• Like 1

oneohtrix point never must have been pissed back in 2014 when he paid jon giraffeman $800 to make a music video & he just sent him back a powerpoint document full of pictures of fursonas & melting anime girls. little did he know at the time that this would become an entire music genre. nay. a way of life.

• Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

11 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

this is the worst music ever made by human beans. no amount of pseudo-edgy *cringe* visuals will save it from the trash heap where it belongs.

i only like the instrumental tbh but you are definitely wrong saying that it's the worse music ever made. i can think of things much worse

11 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

@cyanobacteriahow old are you im just wondering ?

make fun of people all you want but can i remind you that you are currently posting on an IDM internet forum. 7 billion people on earth are probably laughing at us so i'd probably pipe down

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, milkface said:

i only like the instrumental tbh but you are definitely wrong saying that it's the worse music ever made. i can think of things much worse

make fun of people all you want but can i remind you that you are currently posting on an IDM internet forum. 7 billion people on earth are probably laughing at us so i'd probably pipe down

Lol what? I wasnt trying to make fun of him im just wondering what demographic this appeals to ? You dont have to start projecting your insecurities on to me.

Edited by Wunderbar
  • Burger 1

15 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

Lol what? I wasnt trying to make fun of him im just wondering what demographic this appeals to ? You dont have to start projecting your insecurities on to me.

chill lol im only messing with u. hyperpop's (and other subgenres) demographic ranges from around 15 to mid 20s from what i've seen because the more accessible stuff like charli xcx is popular with the older listeners and hypertrap is more popular with the younger ones

• Thanks 1