IGNORED

Eurorack

27 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

Interesting that you have 3 Functions - do you just like having EOC/EOR and don't really use Maths mixer/logic?

Also that Brain Seed was really intriguing to me before I bought anything. I think if I wanted that facility now I'd just code it up in Crow.

the shapes the maths/function make are great. i love the attack range when in expo. various envelopes have different attack/decay shapes.  i really like function for its nice expo attack. great for so many things.. but being able to sweep from expo to Logarithmic is awesome for dialing things in. 

i had other stuff already that did offset and mixing etc so didn't get a maths.. but got functions when they came up super cheap used. great envelope. the hang function is great also. 

i've had the brainseed forever. gets used sometimes mostly for weird random stuff. 

i actually sold more thing since this pick was taken. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So here's where I'm at. I feel good about the system so far and I'm at a nice stopping point where I don't have the strong desire to get new modules yet. 

But I've been trying to plan out how to use my last 14HP. I feel like I have enough modulation modules and thinking of filling the rest of the case up with more audio processing modules. 

Any recommendations?DSC01126.thumb.jpg.cd11774ce31a0beda9fe40d288c0f07d.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I am (very slowly) building a modular system which I intend to design as a complement to my Moog Matriarch, i.e. using the Moog's oscs and filters with various eurorack options.

For now I have MI Beads (which I love despite finding it very difficult to use) and Intellijel's Plonk (will use it as a perc module mostly). I am planning on getting a Joranologue Fold 6 to add wavefolding to the Moog, and a Pam Pro Workout to clock everything.

I am now looking for a nice VCA, with a bit of character (I've been looking to LPG, or VCAs with distortion) - I'll have the Matriarch VCAs for cleaner, more straightforward output. If anybody has any advice I'll be glad to listen to it !

5 hours ago, Stock said:

I am (very slowly) building a modular system which I intend to design as a complement to my Moog Matriarch, i.e. using the Moog's oscs and filters with various eurorack options.

For now I have MI Beads (which I love despite finding it very difficult to use) and Intellijel's Plonk (will use it as a perc module mostly). I am planning on getting a Joranologue Fold 6 to add wavefolding to the Moog, and a Pam Pro Workout to clock everything.

I am now looking for a nice VCA, with a bit of character (I've been looking to LPG, or VCAs with distortion) - I'll have the Matriarch VCAs for cleaner, more straightforward output. If anybody has any advice I'll be glad to listen to it !

https://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/persephone.html

6 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

It sounds amazing, thanks ! I also stumbled upon the XAOC Devices Tallin, which looks more complete, saturation-wise. Aaaaand the AtoVprojekt "cDVCA" which is a crazy pack of overdrive possibilities - but also, a bit more expansive.

Anyway, I will probably have to think a bit more of the VCAs because while watching the Persephone demos, I discovered they also have a phaser which is HUGE. Soooooo I might start with the wavefolder + phaser to play a bit more with the Moog alone, and get 1 or 2 VCAs in a few months ?

Btw damo, do you do eurorack ? Would love to hear about your setup !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If every musician and every wannabe musician got into to eurorack we would not only be tearing down the sun we would be in the light of the sun matrix style. I've got a moog but the rossum stuff looks tempting/expensive and at the top of my list if i can ever save that much. haha

Edited by Alien Sugar

• 4 months later...

Got Pam's Pro Workout + Steady State Gate. The former is even more powerful and fun to use than I expected, and the latter just sounds amazing (it's basically a low pass gate with wavefolding + saturation capacities, i.e., one module to cover three functions that I was looking for in Eurorack).

Next steps will be another VCA (probably Persephone for that "no-click" thru zero function, it would be a nice addition given my usual music style), a logic module (thinking of Befaco Rampage rather than Maths for this), and vpme.de QD to fulfill all of my drums-related needs. I am already having a ton of fun, but I definitely can see why people have such a hard time trying to limit their expenses on Eurorack modules lol

Edited by Stock
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Stock said:

Pam's Pro Workout

It's amazing, I used vpme.de's Euclidean Circles w/ Six Switches before and Pam runs circles around them (pun intended).

16 hours ago, Stock said:

vpme.de QD

QD is fabulous, it's way, way more than just a drum module, you can do pretty complex things with it when you go deeper, especially the sample playing stuff, but you can also run synth voices and wavetables through the builti-in LPG and whatnot. With the QEX expansion you can have separate outputs for all parts, and more. Highly recommended.

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 1