IGNORED

Humanoid - 7 Songs (De:tuned 12" + 10" mini album, July 5th)

purlieu

Skipped a wide swath of other yet unlistened vinyl to spot-check this as it's hot right now. Yes, it's good, in part harkening back to the classic Humanoid sound and style while bringing forth plenty of fresh ideas, too. I sing with the choir and think that it's a bit odd that no download code is included, but. Pre-ordered the coloured vinyl, but I was probably at the end of the list as I got note that it was sold out - so I defaulted back to black.

Although I've been into electronic (dance) music for several decades I'm still repeatedly amazed by the versatility and longevity of the 303 (et al.). The simplicity of it is deceiving, the expressive possibilities an ever-blooming fractal of squelches, squirts, twangs, and squeaks.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, purlieu said:

CD version with seven bonus tracks coming out on FSOLDigital on 19th November. Bonus tracks look to include compilation tracks 'Far Point' and 'Tower' as well as 'Co-Pilot' from the Built by Humanoid bonus EP, plus four new tracks.

I'm sure I'll pick this up, even though I already bought the digital.  Any word on if that Flow Coma remix "Coma Flow", from the DJ Food mix, will ever see the light of day?  Loved that little tune, and it would fit right in here.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:38 PM, Extralife said:

I'm sure I'll pick this up, even though I already bought the digital.  Any word on if that Flow Coma remix "Coma Flow", from the DJ Food mix, will ever see the light of day?  Loved that little tune, and it would fit right in here.

That's excellent news! 

• 3 weeks later...
REPRESS l 'Humanoid - 7 Songs' (black and colored blue vinyl edition) is out. 
Artwork by DJ Food.

Colored vinyl (pink / blue limited edition)
Deejay: https://bit.ly/3yhwon2

Listen to '7 Songs' on SoundCloud: https://bit.ly/34xJYVX

244341350_6184862218254634_5927947879185

On 9/10/2021 at 11:19 AM, purlieu said:

CD version with seven bonus tracks coming out on FSOLDigital on 19th November. Bonus tracks look to include compilation tracks 'Far Point' and 'Tower' as well as 'Co-Pilot' from the Built by Humanoid bonus EP, plus four new tracks.

Will this be available on the FSOL Digital website. Can't find it on to there.

Went for the CD. Tower & Co-Pilot FTW, but all in all straight up 7/5. I do have a hankering for a coloured vinyl version, never mind which one, although I already have the black.

Edited by dcom

1 hour ago, purlieu said:

The two sound the same from listening on Bandcamp, but I'll do a proper side-by-side comparison when I can afford to buy the CD hah.

I think you're right.  I don't know that I properly gave this track a chance before.  It's a goodun.

I've received a few questions / requests, so just some additional info to keep everyone in the loop.

First pressing: black + pink marbled edition

Repress: black + blue marbled edition

The release now looks like Kevin originally envisaged it, with two colours if you swap one disc with the pink version.

244789009_6226524460755076_6618236318289

The “14 Songs” version is easily the best acid house/techno/whatever album I have heard in years. And I’ve heard a few.

I’ve been replaying this almost daily since it came out. Great to also see Brian getting more recognition for this side of his sound. Dude is super-talented.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Extralife said:

The “14 Songs” version is easily the best acid house/techno/whatever album I have heard in years. And I’ve heard a few.

I’ve been replaying this almost daily since it came out. Great to also see Brian getting more recognition for this side of his sound. Dude is super-talented.

Agree. Sublime album!!

• 5 months later...

Just a heads up as distribution is down to the final 50 copies of the black version and to the final box (25 copies) of the limited edition blue vinyl.

Up to date overview:

Colored vinyl (pink / blue limited edition)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2021 at 1:29 AM, Extralife said:

On top of his talent, he's a good lad.

• Like 3