IGNORED

Danny Elfman - We Belong (Squarepusher Remix)

pizza

Got to say it really is  a gorgeous remix - instantly catchy with those deft pusher noodles. 

Now ive got a nice little pusher 2021 remix "EP" on my phone:

• Danny Elfamn remix
  • Deftones
  • GoGo Penguin
  • Xetaka

any others?

i am here for it. lush, dark beast of a song

“When Big Mess bass player Stu Brooks and I began talking about the possibility of reaching out to remixers for different collaborations on re-inventing songs from the album, Squarepusher was one of the first names we discussed,” Elfman said in a statement. “He’s obviously a legend in that field. I was really excited that he responded positively and chose the song ‘We Belong’ to mix. I couldn’t be happier with the result.”

https://pitchfork.com/news/squarepusher-remixes-danny-elfman-we-belong-listen/

"Danny Elfman is a living legend and I was thrilled to be asked to do a remix for him," added Squarepusher. "I chose 'We Belong' partly because it's in E flat, which is a nice escape from guitar-friendly tonalities, and also because I was especially drawn to the vocal elements. For instrumentation I used some of my old analogue hardware including a Yamaha CS-80."

https://metalinjection.net/av/new-music/danny-elfman-drops-squarepusher-remix-of-we-belong?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Been revisiting this recently and loving it. Classic squarespueher where.. at first it seemed a little bombastic/dayglo.... but the subtle grooves, little fillers, and with this track, emotional punch via the vocals/melody.. really come through on repeat listens. A fantastic track