IGNORED

The Smile - A Light For Attracting Attention

1 hour ago, WurstPLUS said:

Haven't ever listened to Pablo Honey and The Bends.

The Bends is a classic album (though not exceptionally clever or sophisticated, it just has great tunes), and so are the B-sides! India Rubber, Lozenge Of Love, Talk Show Host, Bishops Robes and of course Maquiladora. I mean those B Sides would be most bands best tracks on their best ever album but Radiohead are knocking them out the park to put on the flip side! Including the 8 maybe 9 great tracks on the album its one of my favourite eras of Radiohead (I'd rather listen to the Bends than their last few albums for example). Radiohead were constantly on the radio back then so they were hard to ignore. Easy the best albums of 1995 along with ...I Care Because You Do. I don't know how they did it but glad they swerved all the 95 The Battle Of Britpop bullshit that was going down at the time (Blur vs Oasis etc). I think it was Ed O'Brien who said they always felt they had a lot in common with Massive Attack because both bands weren't from that Manchester London bubble they felt like outsiders, which suited them fine. Yes The Bends is brilliant, but obviously is more guitar orientated than latter efforts. It's a very strong 8 out of 10 from The Wolf. It also brings back good memories as 95 time I was discovering loads and loads of great music because I was 19 and moving out of the Tribal Metal Head phase into new pastures of sound which was gonna be spearheaded by the discovery of Warp Records. Which was a very good thing for me. Spidey senses were on full alert!

Edited by beerwolf
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully catch them live next time they visit London. I presume getting tickets won't be the massive ball ache and expense that is the norm nowadays to see popular bands ?

(my best mate wanted me to go along with him to see Foo Fighters, which to be honest I wouldn't mind seeing for a bit of a drunken sing along and jump up and down, though with tickets starting at £280 Dave and the boys can jump up and down on this ?)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/13/2023 at 2:17 PM, atypic said:

eh-hmm

Yea total bummer. If they didn’t say that, I wouldn’t have worn out the track. Kinda bummed but oh well. Still looking forward to the other 7. Wish Bodies Laughing made the cut.

Edited by jules

10 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

Tickets for the gig in Mar sorted 🥳

There's a presale on their wasted site before general sale on Friday if anyone is planning on going to see them on tour

url? I only see this on wasted: 

image.thumb.png.098e083c7cd349c81053bdf074a37240.png