IGNORED

Noisia - Closer LP

o00o

45 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

bunch of good tracks. not all of it though. or am i missing something?

thats how i hear it

it sounds clean, hence the hype? I guess for newbies it sounds like experimental electronica. 

Skrillex

I listened to a few tracks but I'm not getting the hype yet. As mentioned above it's pretty precision sounding which is nice but nothing revolutionary really

Edited by Soloman Tump

1 hour ago, species8472 said:

honestly have no idea who the hell noisia is. should i?

hes quite big on the EDM scene?

honestly i have seen the name here and there but im also not aware of them or wasnt aware how big they were

if skrillex collab with them, I guess they are pretty popular

didn't richie play some noisia in a few of his sets? i might be confusing them with current value. or it might have been the other way around (=noisia gushing on aphex twin)

anyways, yes if you're in for some edm stuff, there's a bunch of good noisia tracks out there. def worth checking out imo. but it's very hit/miss for my tastes. and gets a bit samey after a while. which is why they're stopping the noisia project, i guess. (noisia is 3 guys btw)

7 hours ago, watmmisdead said:

hes quite big on the EDM scene?

honestly i have seen the name here and there but im also not aware of them or wasnt aware how big they were

if skrillex collab with them, I guess they are pretty popular

NOISIA have been around the block for awhile. They were doing the, "what if we didn't just make drops and focused on tight controls on our bass and breaks" when the whole brostep->mainstream dubstep scene was exploding. I really think they're worth at least shuffling through if slightly curious, but if it's not your bag that's fine too. I really dug their debut album "Split the Atom," and have been passively following them since, but I was way into breakcore, breakbeat, and jungle prior to ever hearing them. I always felt they exercised some really good restraint/discipline.

Their first big track, Machine Gun, really put them on the map back in 2010.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you are into DnB and Neurofunk in particular, then you should (and probably already do) know Noisia. Otherwise, they're certainly not for everybody.

If you really are curious and want an introduction, this would be great selection to start with:

• Like 2

Noisia is how prodigy should sound like in 2022 

the new and last album has some hit and miss but when they do a track well it’s really good. And yeah aphex was playing them I am pretty sure

they also did solo collabs with Amon Tobin but I didn’t like these much 

also there is a legend going  around that noisia provided skrillex with patches and by this helped "create" him as he was not able to do this himself. 

• Big Brain 1

22 minutes ago, o00o said:

Noisia is how prodigy should sound like in 2022 

the new and last album has some hit and miss but when they do a track well it’s really good. And yeah aphex was playing them I am pretty sure

they also did solo collabs with Amon Tobin but I didn’t like these much 

Oh man, the collabs with Thies/Thys are amazing!