IGNORED

intense, ambient, drill destruction,

plastic

the pads were really nice, i thought the drums could kick in sooner, when they did it was grreat. and i wasn't really feeling the 303..the sound effects added such an atmosphere....

i really liked it, it was kind of like being outside in the forest at night, feeling scarred, you hear gun shots start to go off, next thing you know your getting chased by a pack of wolves.

wicked.

Thanks man! glad you liked it. I'm gonna have to make another mixdown of this anyway (it blipped somewhere in the beginning) so I'll take into consideration shortening the beginning. It's the only thing I'm kind of on the fence about with this track. Oh and the 303.. yeah it just isn't sitting right in the mix right now, I gotta fix that too.

cheers! :cool:

I really like the ambient pads in this. Very warm sound. The disonance before the drums kick in is a nice touch. This is what my nightmares sound like. Tick tick tick tick tick Tickticktickticktickticktick.

Ever listen to Download? I think you'd like them (or do like them already).

Cool track!

yeah, I just now heard that the mix blipped again around 1:50 or so.. I don't know why this keeps happening.

But there are a bunch of clicks on the synths in the first part that I left in purposely.

The intro is quite nice, I'm glad it builds up to something more intense though, seems like it needs it. That said, I don't particularly like the drilly section bit until the first melody comes back again. the drums aren't really that interesting, and the melody... well... I'm a sucker for pretty stuff but I can appreciate something dark if it's done well... and that bit sounds kinda weak. Like, you were trying to make it sound all dark and scary but it's not quite there. Once the intro ambience comes back it sounds alot more interesting, and I actually thing the drum programming in this bit is way better.

I think it would help ALOT if you just spent a few days making the drums in that 'darker' section really realy intense and mad and crazy and awesome, something for us to get jealous over. I think that should be the strength of that section, in which case it doesn't matter if the melody is weak.

Also, as much as I like the intro, I agree with the first comment, that the drums could kick in a little earlier, like a minute or so maybe.

So overall, I like the intro, that's awesome, and the ending is super awesome, and I like how it's long and epic, just work on that middle bit I reckon.

cool man, thanks for the detailed info. I think I jumped the gun on posting this track though. Got too excited I guess. :cat:

The input has been duly noted, and I'm going to continue working on this mix.

Archived