IGNORED

orient orange

kaini

personally i love it.

it's a very good way to finish a very varied album. it's very different for tom - as in it's even different to his other electroacoustic/experimental jams. i can't really think of any other squarepusher tracks like it, i suppose hardcore obelisk or something from dyks are the first thing sthat comes to mind, but it's not really even like either of those.

so what do other people think of the closing track on hello everything?

I love this track.. and agree that its the perfect album finisher from squarepusher.

(I went on a trip when in australia a few months ago and took 100's of photos from the depts of a cave system in the blue mountains and this track was the perfect background to a slideshow of these pictures: of columns, sillica formations, crystal structures, staligtite and staligmites and errir shadows. When i get them back from my mates hardrive i'll do a video for you all.)

Also, I agree it's a great way to finish the album. Love the track in general, the first time I got a copy of the album I listened to it all the way through and I have to admit I thought "legendary". It's really epic and just finishes Hello Everything off in a unique way.

words don't explain...

before it came out i was on the warpmart site every other day streaming it.

it's so simple but has one of the best atmospheres ever.

hardcore obelisk doesnt have anything on this

Meh

Perhaps I should listen to it more but dull, dull, dull. I like the album as a whole but there are a few tracks including this one that don't sit well with me. I guess that's the price for having quite a varied album though.

too much kick (tom?) drum. i would like the percussions to be less frequent, or the track have more rhythmic + melodic flesh (maybe some sustained, breathing snare rolls too), so as to warrant the amount of kick (+cymbal) occuring in the track. otherwise nice atmosphere. i like the idea of it and vacuum garden into circlewave. t'would like to hear more (but better realized) atmospheric fluff from tom aka squarepusher/ this track reminds me of wolf eyes' new album (first track) and possibly some freer moments on MIRON

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

honestly, i've found myself rearranging the tracks and making little playlists. i do a lot of playlisting in general, not just with teh pusher.

i like orient orange, but sometimes i'll be more in the mood for tracks like hello meow, planetarium, exciton, welcome to europe, etc

so i guess i'm with aphex squarepusher twin. do i like this track? depends on when you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

hey, it could happen with vinyl too, if your copy had a fight with a really large hole punch

Archived