IGNORED

kid606 appreciation

easterlingman

the $ 7"s on Tigerbeat6 were deece as fuck though.

*attempts to post Shimmyshimmy606 and realises it's not on youtube* :cattears:

I wish you could buy them all in some SUPARDEAL on Bandcamp or something.

I used to Love Kid 606 but had'nt kept up with his recent stuff until getting Happiness last year which is amazing. Really beautifull lush vibes just on the right side of cheese.. This album was the soundtrack to my summer this year and still getting played on the regular

Edited by kirm
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 11/7/2014 at 4:37 PM, kirm said:

I used to Love Kid 606 but had'nt kept up with his recent stuff until getting Happiness last year which is amazing. Really beautifull lush vibes just on the right side of cheese.. This album was the soundtrack to my summer this year and still getting played on the regular

Dig that track.

On 11/2/2014 at 3:41 PM, sweepstakes said:
On 5/30/2009 at 8:38 AM, essines said:

If I had a Happy Place.... is still an amazing tune.

Yep. I gave him a chance because of this tune (and that Vatstep remix which Hrvatski was probably more responsible for). I've been nothing but disappointed by his other stuff.

I still feel this way... CHANGE MY MIND

Also based on him heckling Proem and OPN he seems like kind of a prick. But that was a while ago now.

13 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

I still feel this way... CHANGE MY MIND

Also based on him heckling Proem and OPN he seems like kind of a prick. But that was a while ago now.

Heckling? Where’d you see that?

3 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Heckling? Where’d you see that?

http://www.self-titledmag.com/a-long-gchat-with-oneohtrix-point-never/

“I remember him leaning over,” explains Lopatin, “and screaming ‘good set but you gotta get rid of that Juno and looper act.’ I was so offended; I was like, ‘This is my SHIT. What is your shit? Breakcore?’.."

(of course that ended up being good advice lol, but it's a pretty douchey way to say it)

Can't find the Proem interview now, but he "accidentally" tripped over his laptop power supply during a show... multiple times

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

“I remember him leaning over,” explains Lopatin, “and screaming ‘good set but you gotta get rid of that Juno and looper act.’ I was so offended; I was like, ‘This is my SHIT. What is your shit? Breakcore?’.."

(of course that ended up being good advice lol, but it's a pretty douchey way to say it)

Can't find the Proem interview now, but he "accidentally" tripped over his laptop power supply during a show... multiple times

Thank you! There’s a few kid606 tracks in my regular rotation but I’ve never been inclined to look up reviews interviews etc. Sounds like he might have had a few drinkies and was giving unsolicited advice ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Thank you! There’s a few kid606 tracks in my regular rotation but I’ve never been inclined to look up reviews interviews etc. Sounds like he might have had a few drinkies and was giving unsolicited advice ?

Don't get me wrong tho "If I Had A Happy Place" is still great. It was the first thing I wanted to listen to the morning Biden won :D

6 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

Don't get me wrong tho "If I Had A Happy Place" is still great. It was the first thing I wanted to listen to the morning Biden won ?

Me and Anna (you’ve met her lol.,.) uhm... well for some reason Underwear Everywhere is one of our tracks ??

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Slammin ragga bootleg track, Buckley up, who wah kill sound, ecstasy motherfucker, another slammin ragga bootleg track (ok, last one i promise) are all 10/10 tracks

Oh yeah I forgot about e mofo

beat goes boom boom boom

17 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

It's always really annoying when the first comment you get after a set is a fucking critique.

"Cool thanks pal fuck off :rolleyes:"

• Like 1

Think he may have had a problem with the old drink and drugs, sure I remember reading him saying something about it (or I could just be basing this on the below video! ? )

So this might explain some of his dickish behavior! I spoke to him briefly after show in manc many years ago and thought he seemed sound, but maybe it was me that was the fucked up nob then! ?

Would like to hear some new stuff from him though, the Kids got skills!

Edited by kirm
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kirm said:

Think he may have had a problem with the old drink and drugs, sure I remember reading him saying something about it (or I could just be basing this on the below video! ? )

So this might explain some of his dickish behavior! I spoke to him briefly after show in manc many years ago and thought he seemed sound, but maybe it was me that was the fucked up nob then! ?

Would like to hear some new stuff from him though, the Kids got skills!

Lol he looks wrecked here. His jaw is at a higher bpm than that track 

He has the worst press fotos ever though why the fuck did he think him sitting by a pool with his hairy ass would amount to a good foto

Edited by thumbass