IGNORED

Milk DX

six

I always thought that the melody that kicks in around 3 minutes sounded like someone rapping with a shit load of filters on it.

Well, after having my playlist on random, this song and a Beastie Boys song were on back to back and I noticed the "rap" portion of Milk DX sounds exactly like a muffled Mike D. The inflection and style are very similar. Then I noticed that the title Milk DX and the name Mike D are extremely similar, and I know ae love to mess around with words.

Maybe I'm just doing too many drugs though...

Guest contrapunctus

To me that sound always came across as being a female humming, it seems a little too melodic, with not enough syllables to be rapping. Have no idea, maybe it is a sampled rap.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest birofunk
I always thought that the melody that kicks in around 3 minutes sounded like someone rapping with a shit load of filters on it.

Well, after having my playlist on random, this song and a Beastie Boys song were on back to back and I noticed the "rap" portion of Milk DX sounds exactly like a muffled Mike D. The inflection and style are very similar. Then I noticed that the title Milk DX and the name Mike D are extremely similar, and I know ae love to mess around with words.

Maybe I'm just doing too many drugs though...

you could be right, it's got the same sorta whiny tone as mike d

i always thought it was a mix between Milk+ (the mescalin-milk of A Clockwork Orange) and DX as in the Yamaha DX-synths (the FM sound of those synths is all over the place).

• 5 years later...
Guest Xenblake

It does sound more female, but that could be part of the effect.

Sounds dam good whatever it is, like a female humanoid being programmed to talk

Pretty sure it vocals from Milk Dee (of Audio Two) being chopped/screwed/filtered/etc. This probably isn't the track they sampled but gives you an idea of his cadence & flow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wbWPyhW7fE

I love Peel Session 1

edit: slo

Edited by Bob Dobalina

Pretty sure it vocals from Milk Dee (of Audio Two) being chopped/screwed/filtered/etc. This probably isn't the track they sampled but gives you an idea of his cadence & flow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wbWPyhW7fE

I love Peel Session 1

edit: slo

That definitely sounds like the likely source... if not that particular song then a similar one by the same artist.

• 8 years later...

i don’t know for sure but probably that one they started the Resident Advisor 2019 mix off with 

i think it was the first track at least

Edited by auxien

Damn, this is a blast from the past. Forgot I posted this...15 years ago lol

I still stand by it sounding like Mike D but Milk Dee makes even more sense