IGNORED

Autechre live - any experiences?

Franciscus

i've seen autechre play live 4 times, and each time it was really good and very different. first time was in manchester in sankeys soap (chiatic slide tour), not so many people there. last time was in osaka for the untilted tour at a huge venue with loads of people. their popularity has consistently gone up compared to lots of other artists over the same time period.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name
When the shiz are they coming to America again?

They won't come till the end of 2007 or next year, without a doubt. :cry:

LOL, isn't this supposed to be the show where they play new material?

Someone BETTER record it if that is the case.

yep. don't have stuff to record it with... i might consider buying it though. oh yeah. might do that tomorrow if it's not too expensive.

Guest Rook

Just talk to the sound man and offer him a few bucks. Or look around to see if anyone else is recording.

Seriously man, GET A SOUNDBOARD RECORDING.

I cannot stress this enough. IF, and I mean IF, in fact they will be playing new material from some as-of-yet unannounced upcoming album (as was mentioned earlier in this thread), you will start a frenzy and be the hero of men for having a soundboard recording of this.

Please someone get a soundboard recording. *jizz* PLEASE!

yeah, that'd be the only way then. :( speaking to the man of the soundsss

dunno. but i'll at least come back here to tell you how the experience was

http://www.paard.nl/Default.aspx?event-fil...49#index1240449

for some info about the gig in holland, the hague. the doors will be open at 22:00, AE plays at eleven and after 1:00 there's an afterparty with dj's.

holy shit. they changed the story about autechre. now they say this:

In het najaar verschijnt de nieuwe Autechre plaat maar in mei geven ze al een optreden in Paard van Troje in Den Haag!

Which means: this year there'll be a new autechre lp but in may they'll give a show in Paard. :( A few weeks ago it was new music, but now it isn't sure anymore.

MY EXPERIENCE:

it was FUCKING ace!! :D

lots of heavy bass. they really drilled out our lungs at some points (i had to scratch my nose all the time). jesus christ. whenever they stopped the music, it became totally quiet and everyone started shouting to rob and sean. the total set took about 70/75 minutes. it was pretty much the 2005 untilted tour, but with new effects and subtle (and actually less subtle) changes. there also were some ''new'' tracks, and the last track they played was a really nice jam between rob and sean. that was cool.

i have some video's (nothing to see there), with sound.. but it is of a terribly bad quality. might put them up on youtube and link to them. ok. the dj that played before autechre came on stage (they came around 00:00) had a nice selection of tracks.. detroit techno, ''minimal'', electronic music.. etc.

my ears are still ok, so that's good.

i loved it. :) :laughing:

Guest sqruwezey

it sure was wicked :zorro:

it was really like an earthquake

dont know why it has to be so damn hard

probably because sean and rob are so deaf they dont feel the bass enough anymore :laughing:

(they really have big speakers just in front of their nose its insane

but it was a nice set with more noise parts in it and totally bass overflows

also with the new style set you hear what the voice sample is saying and im pretty sure its Sean saying "we have a problem here errr..." and then "great"

would like to see the video's frank if its not too much work

also the audio recordings probably are rubbish too or not?

my ears are still ok too :-

also still would like to know the tracks from that dj soda

maybe he has setlist somewhere

I'm glad you had a good time, though I have to say I am slightly disappointed that they are still just basically working from a set that is over 2 years old. Kind of lame imho. Well, what can you do right? It'd be nice if they spent this time in the studio and not regurgitating old shit that people have heard plenty of by now.

I'm glad you had a good time, though I have to say I am slightly disappointed that they are still just basically working from a set that is over 2 years old. Kind of lame imho. Well, what can you do right? It'd be nice if they spent this time in the studio and not regurgitating old shit that people have heard plenty of by now.

They probably have been spending the rest of their time working on new stuff.

Gotta make your money somehow though.

Guest sqruwezey

yeah i quit had the feeling too listening to a set that im already listening to 2 years or so but the whole experience was just great again

and its also the tradition of autechre to play a set for a long time they did that with the confield tour also i think continiously growing and change little things of the set.

Guest Rook

If it was any other live set maybe, but this live set is prob my fav. It kicks the shiz yo. I wish I could see them do it live in America. I missed it in 2005.

Guest sqruwezey

damn why isnt that picture in a higher res

you can see all the equipment they use

i think i see some pad drum/synth-controller, + the machinedrum ofcourse

Archived