IGNORED

Rushup Edge full leak?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I wouldn't mind if the leak tracks are faek, because then we'll just get twice the amount of kick-ass tunes. After all, faek or not, it's pretty hard to deny where (or who) they came from.

i would really like to hear more of the akunk track (the "i care because you do" sounding one). is it available at cd quality?

akunk is on the "confederation trough" vinyl!

...anyway since the first ep every one knows the tuss is AFX

Quite right !

When you hear Analord 10, then rushup edge, the continuity is obvious

but the idea of the collab isn't impossible

i'm quite confused... hm.

nevertheless, the APHEX TUCH IS HERE

if i had to choose, i would say it's afx

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞
what i have is defoo not wisp lol

I haven't actually heard the moo tracks, my moo limit is busted

I downloaded loads of FLAC files which I can't even play on my iPOD - i need to convert them to mp3s somehow

quite frankly... on 3:16-17 on synthacon 9, you can hear that flacky sort of sounding drum which is exactly the same on aphex's remix of vibert tune for future music, im picking up on the little things which means to me it is rdj...

well i didnt get these off moo, jaffa hooked me up, wisp doesnt have skills like this.

i dont know man Wisps breakbeat fuckery is a lot more skilled than the tiny and weak-ass breaks im hearing all over Rushup edge (with the exception of death fuck which is masterful). The main thing that convinces me Rushup edge isnt Wisp is that Wisp's music has much better use of EQ and mastering, these rushup edge tracks sound very flat to me in some parts.

synthm : i said MIGHT be new afx in case of totally unknown trx played by DJ AFX, never heard of moo, what is it (google isnt my friend) ; (i've got a personnal info that tuss is rdj so if you all want to bla bla bla for the next 24pages pleasure is yours but now you know)

i dont know man Wisps breakbeat fuckery is a lot more skilled than the tiny and weak-ass breaks im hearing all over Rushup edge (with the exception of death fuck which is masterful). The main thing that convinces me Rushup edge isnt Wisp is that Wisp's music has much better use of EQ and mastering, these rushup edge tracks sound very flat to me in some parts.

I dunno man... lets wait till we hear the actual thing before we comment on mastering. It wouldn't be the 1st time a leak sounded flat.

Here we go again with the I have "personal info" but am not revealing any sources. How is ANYONE going to just stop discussing based on that crock of shit?

Fuck that man, *I* have personal info that Wisp was spending weekends at RDJ's house last fall and the Tuss is the fruit of that labor. How do you like that? Grant Wilson-Claridge told Chris Jeffs who told Aaron Rintoul who told Joseph Fraioli who slipped and mentioned it on IRC.

I dunno man... lets wait till we hear the actual thing before we comment on mastering. It wouldn't be the 1st time a leak sounded flat.

mp3 conversion doesn't change the way something is mastered, unless you're suggesting this is a premaster?

the breakbeats on almost all of rushup edge sound very weak and almost band pass filtered, acting more as a background filler than actual impacting full frontal drums (like on drukqs where the breaks took center stage0

mp3 conversion doesn't change the way something is mastered, unless you're suggesting this is a premaster?

the breakbeats on almost all of rushup edge sound very weak and almost band pass filtered, acting more as a background filler than actual impacting full frontal drums (like on drukqs where the breaks took center stage0

Yes, good point. I was thinking that maybe our .mp3s were 96k and then upsampled or some shit. I dunno.

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

i got the moo ones and checked their FFTs, they all sharply cut off at 16KHz

also, they have been mastered, but not necessarily the proper pre-press mastering

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

so i think these have been up-sampled from 32kHz mp3s, or rich is still recording onto DAT at 32kHz to save tape.

Archived