IGNORED

Bioshock

Guest Mirezzi

Guest awkwardsilence

Ending thoughts (Spoilers, duh)

Was it just me, or was the ending totally underwhelming? I'm feeling a little empty now.

Still, I'm sure I'll remember this as one of the classics.

I guess I'm just a little bit disappointed that all this background complexity and rich world-building

in the end got down to just the one supervillain style final boss that double crossed you all the way through. :mellow:

Yep, it totally took the edge off..

All these layers of complexity, and it turned out it was just a fucking onion.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didn't like how weak the good vs. evil bit was. there wasn't really much of a difference. who cares which minute long cg movie you get to see? the final boss was kinda silly and out of character for the rest of the game. and was also super easy.

It might have been a better final fight if you had to go up against a bunch of Big Daddies without vita chambers. Also it would have been more dramatic if they actually turned you into a Big Daddy monstrosity, and not just a guy dressed up as one. That would have provided some serious pathos.

probably the best lighting and sound design i've ever seen in a console game. did anyone else notice Andrew Ryan is almost an anagram for Ayn Rand? after all, the game was basically based on her book Atlas Shrugged.

• 7 months later...

i got a serious problem.

i got a top o' the line brand spankin new laptop, and i CANT FUCKING PLAY THIS GAME

all my specs are beyond the recommended...i upgraded to version 1.1 and i even turned all specs on low just to see if i could load the game...without fail, after it started loading it went to a straight up black screen.

WTF ...ive been checkin the support page, did everything they wanted(ran diagnostic, dled DX 10, on and on and on)

wtf is up with this?

Guest analogue wings
i got a serious problem.

i got a top o' the line brand spankin new laptop, and i CANT FUCKING PLAY THIS GAME

all my specs are beyond the recommended...i upgraded to version 1.1 and i even turned all specs on low just to see if i could load the game...without fail, after it started loading it went to a straight up black screen.

WTF ...ive been checkin the support page, did everything they wanted(ran diagnostic, dled DX 10, on and on and on)

wtf is up with this?

I just tried the demo on my brand new (vista) laptop, and yeah it sat on a black screen for a REALLY LONG time but it DID start eventually.

Definitely started faster on my 5 year old XP desktop.

Not sure if its the slower drive on the notebook or Vista or what

man you are mad helpful.

how long did it take approx.? half hour? just want to know what i should expect.

also, was it laggy as shit once it actually did starT?

Guest analogue wings
man you are mad helpful.

how long did it take approx.? half hour? just want to know what i should expect.

also, was it laggy as shit once it actually did starT?

Well i dint start trying to time it till i'd already gone "fuck this is taking a long time", so maybe 15 mins all up? Maybe even more?

It ran ok once it started but I was hoping for more AA (it doesnt let you control that for some reason)

Guest analogue wings
i think you are supposed to enable AA through your video cards control panel

good games have it in their options screens

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

abit late.. but i just bought this game today.. it was cheap and in the metal tin.

i havnt played it yet and im kinda dreadin gplaying it just because i know i probally wont like it as much as its hyped up to be.

though i have been having a mad bad period with xbox games as in doing shit in them. nhl 2k9 lost 4 in a row.... call of duty avergae of 8 kills (used to be 15+)...my GTA4 team is always 2nd.

so im hping this game is GOOD.

lets begin.

Guest catsonearth

yea, i played it through a second time a few weeks ago. still holds up! i'm probably going to play it again someday since i still need to play a game where i harvest all the little sisters. the first time i played, i killed the first one and saved the rest, so i didn't get the achievement for saving them all. got that the second time around. next i'm going to play on hard and kill all the bitches. yes, i'm a dork. thanks.

Guest catsonearth
ah its okay.. coz i been playing cod so much nothing really compared imo.

yea, cod4 is a monster of a game, but bioshock has some good shit too. much more open in terms of how you can do things. try setting traps for splicers or big daddies. you can do a lot of things really strategically if you want to. unfortunately, in the heat of the moment i usually forget and just end up slaughtering the whole room with a shotgun.

one thing i dont liek is the guns...very cartoonish.. though im not shure wether or not tis ment to be liek that... everything else is fucking lush though.. even on a non-HD tv the graphics are immense.

i like the hacking mini pipe games reminds me of dr.mario.

Guest catsonearth
one thing i dont liek is the guns...very cartoonish.. though im not shure wether or not tis ment to be liek that... everything else is fucking lush though.. even on a non-HD tv the graphics are immense.

i like the hacking mini pipe games reminds me of dr.mario.

you mean the appearance of the guns is cartoonish or they just aren't very effective? throughout the game you get to add upgrades to your weapons that increase damage, ammo capacity and rate of fire, so if it's effectiveness that's bothering you, it gets better. also, the crossbow is a lot of fun and quite lethal, but you don't get it until later in the game. you can sometimes retrieve the arrows you've used off of the lifeless corpses! can't beat that!

i got fed up with it. by the end i was running around with no money, no ammo, no health, and no blue stuff. the only way i got more was by getting myself killed and using the little extra they start you out with... then i had to freeze everything and hit it with the wrench to smash it and kill it. i would start over on an easier setting but i was almost finished anyway and i didn't want to play it all over again.

Archived