IGNORED

Bioshock

Guest Mirezzi

Is there a way to tell how many Little Sisters there are per level? I'm a bit fucking greedy with the Adam even though I don't soul fuck the children.

it should say under the map.

doesn't that part get cropped off in widescreen? LOL

whatever mr. sour grapes.

Oh come on - it was funny! Plus, I like Bioshock - I remember seeing the first pictures of it in Game Informer at the bookstore and was blown away by the detail. I thought that the Big Daddies were your character though.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, just got done a massive session. So far I've been playing for about 3 Gears-Of-War-Lengths (don't know the exact hour figure). Based on what's happening with the plot and how my character & weapon upgrades are, I'd wager I'm about halfway through. I'm biting my tongue to avoid plot discussion until you guys have beaten it, but holy shit this game has the best story ever. Seriously. Holy shit. Seriously.

Guest AOOproductions

great news, I too have been following this game for for what seems forever. I will still play GTA4 ofcourse! but I think it's been a little over rated anyways of late. The storys have been absolute shit in them.

just got it up and running, and my pc is certainly struggling. im not getting any lag on the lowest graphics but it doesnt look so sweet either. looks like an awesome plot and game though, should be wicked.

the last game i played was half life 2 ep 1 which was a pile of shite. thank god i wasnt one of those unfortunate people who payed 20 odd quid for a game that takes 40 minutes to finish.

this game fucking rocks. also incredibly immpressed with my computer after fiddling with some settings, a 350 quid computer is smoothly running an absolutely brand new game.

those big daddies are worrying dudes, im gettin a bit confused though, it made it seem like there was one daddy for each girl, but i got to the dentist foyer and spent 15 minutes killing 5 of them and there was only one little girl?

Guest catsonearth
this game fucking rocks. also incredibly immpressed with my computer after fiddling with some settings, a 350 quid computer is smoothly running an absolutely brand new game.

those big daddies are worrying dudes, im gettin a bit confused though, it made it seem like there was one daddy for each girl, but i got to the dentist foyer and spent 15 minutes killing 5 of them and there was only one little girl?

same thing happened to me at that same place...i don't know if its just a glitch in the game or if there are also big daddies walking around without little sisters.

Guest catsonearth

btw, anybody playing on the 360 - has the game froze up on you at all yet? i've gotten the game frozen during load screens twice already, had it freeze mid-game once and had it almost crash while loading a camera hacking screen.

i'm trying to figure out if this is bad news for my console or if the game is just a little glitchy. i'm on my third 360 console already...if this fucking thing bricks out again, i'm probably gonna flip out and go on a shooting rampage. so fuckin' frustrating.

Guest catsonearth
WHY IS IT SO HARD TO MAKE A BIT OF ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT THAT DOESNT BREAK PERPETUALLY IN THIS DAY AND AGE.

it isn't hard at all, microsoft just rushed out the 360 so they could beat sony to the punch and thus released a fault console with major hardware issues. i ask every time i go into a game store whether or not the ps3 has similar problems and apparently the 360 is just a piece of shit, ps3 has no such problems. annoying as fuck, to be honest. i wish sony would get its shit together and release some better games so i can buy a ps3 and not have to deal with the stress of owning a 360.

i think its pretty overrated, with all this tacky shit about atlantis dystopias and 'little sisters and big daddies'? even when disregarding b-movie style retro-scifi design, tacky storyline and dime-a-dozen soundtrack, this still is a pretty linear and arcadish fps. sure its a lot of (mindless) fun to play, and it is certainly very well polished (except for minor quirks like widescreen-cropping and occasional crashes on the xbox), aaand it definitely is one of the best games to come out for quite some time, but damn, when a developer has this kind of technology available, its pretty dissappointing if they come up with some limp dick half assed sci fi stuff like this isnt it???

Guest Evil Sleep Ophelia

I dl'd the demo on Steam, just to see if my computer would run it, and it runs fine, no lag, at full quality (minus the DX10 effects) and top resolution. Looks incredible so far, so I'm going to purchase it on Steam once I feel I can spare the money (next month, probably).

It's very similar to System Shock 2 so far, though I'm certain about 100,000 people have made note of that already. It's nice that Irrational has made a game that is poised to be a solid seller, unlike SS2 and the Thief games that they worked on previously.

Wow, iep, why am I not surprised you didn't like it? You're like the Mirezzi of video games, impossible to please.

I'm about 3/4 the way through it, and just like any other first person shooter I've ever played, it's repetitive. Not as much as games like F.E.A.R. (where you spend the entire game running through slightly differently arranged offices.. ) but nowhere near as enjoyable and varied as games like Half-Life 2.

Runs nicely on my machine, only a couple glitches I've noticed so far (like the ordering of your plasmids being fucked with when you get new ones, making it confusing as hell to select the right ones once you're used to the key binds) but yeah, not too bad.

I think I'm just bored of first person shooters, really.

And it's just tunnels connecting all the different buildings, which is kind of disappointing, I was hoping for some huge city GTA-style :D

Guest blicero

just finished this yesterday. phenomenal game. i'm sorry if some people were let down, because i can't imagine a game that wouldn't disappoint you.

the only gripes i have with the game were minor button layout or control issues that every console game has. also, there were a couple points at the end where some of the sound effect tracks went out for a moment.

it wasn't short either. Gears of War was fucking short. just because i beat bioshock in under a week has more to do with the fact that i couldn't put it down. Gears of war i beat in an evening. talk about an overrated game.

Archived