IGNORED

Bioshock

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone is annoyed by the widescreen issue on the PC version, here's a link to a fix:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum...p=108586#108586

Mind you, this is user-contributed, and not endorsed by the game's creator (yet). No word on when (if evar) 360 owners will get a fix.

If anyone is annoyed by the widescreen issue on the PC version, here's a link to a fix:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum...p=108586#108586

Mind you, this is user-contributed, and not endorsed by the game's creator (yet). No word on when (if evar) 360 owners will get a fix.

The fact that this came out so soon after the demo is impressive. Also, my laptop doesnt like to alt-tab Bioshock at all.

Guest blicero

this game gets better every time i play it.

i just got to the first u-invent machine.

and who the fuck plays video games with a control-pad?!?! maybe on a portable, but on a console?!? it's all about the analog sticks.

this game gets better every time i play it.

i just got to the first u-invent machine.

and who the fuck plays video games with a control-pad?!?! maybe on a portable, but on a console?!? it's all about the analog sticks.

"Control pad" in this context refers to the entire Xbox 360 controller.

Also, this game does get better & better as you go. Wait until you've got some plasmid & tonic tracks maxed out.

Nothing like having a houdini splicer appear out of thin air, lunge at you, then you freeze him right before he hits you and the RPG turret you hacked 20 minutes ago shoots him & blows him into a million pieces.

Also, Mirezzi, about the tape player audio quality........they're tape players.

I had lots of trouble trying to get this to work on my rig even tho its more then the recommended requirements (minus vista and xbox controller)..

I finally got it playable last night for a couple of hours, then I got a software crash "report to microsoft" type thing and said the heck with it.

Seems awesome, I'm gonna wait for a patch.

Guest Mirezzi
Is there a way to tell how many Little Sisters there are per level? I'm a bit fucking greedy with the Adam even though I don't soul fuck the children.

Yeah, it says when you load a level...there are two in the first level where you see them.

Guest blicero
Is there a way to tell how many Little Sisters there are per level? I'm a bit fucking greedy with the Adam even though I don't soul fuck the children.

it should say under the map.

I don't know what version you have but if you pause the game (press start) in the Xbox version it tells you how many sisters there are and how many you've caught.

err the mouse is the analogue component

I'm referring to the WASD keyboard + shift to toggle run/walk.

[EDIT] Also, did you guys make it to Arcadia yet? Holy shit that level is gorgeous. Turns out as you go on the game lets you backtrack freely like Metroid, only with your new powers & respawned enemies. This seems to be a long game too, because you use the bathyspheres to travel between areas, and when I use the navigational menu in the bathysphere it shows 3 unlocked areas and about 7 locked areas. Given that so far I've played this for longer than the entire Gears Of War campaign lasted, I'd say this is gonna be epic.

I want to have a huge storyline discussion thread after we all beat the game because it seems pretty deep.

I have the opposite problem... trying to find a A/V Receiver that's affordable (and does full HDMI audio) that has at least two HDMI inputs as my plasma has only one HDMI input and I hate switching between the cable box and PS3 everytime I want to play or watch a DVD. Having only one lead is nice though, as I don't have to fuck with the audio portion of things.

DON'T say buy a switching box, as those only do video, and then I'd have to use a TOSlink, and what's the fucking point then, eh?

Denon AVR-2808CI

Guest blicero

yeah, i think the icon in the start menu of just a girl's face indicates lil sisters that you have found and delt with, and the icon with a girl and a big daddy is one that is still on the loose.

On the Neptune's Bounty level, it started out with 3 icons(little girl and big daddy) then I caught those three. Then I caught a 4th one and a 4th icon popped up, and when I was about to leave the level it told me that I hadn't harvested them all. I swear.

4 girls. And another weird thing is when I rescued the 3rd girl I got a 'gift' from that crazy lady for not killing them, and I got another gift when I rescued the 4th girl. I had read that you get those gifts every 3rd or 4th, but I got two gifts with 4. So mabye it was a glitch. I ended up with 600 adam or so.

doesn't that part get cropped off in widescreen? LOL

Guest blicero

whatever mr. sour grapes.

LOL GOOD 1

Guest catsonearth

got it last night...this game is friggin' awesome. the zoomed in-ness is slightly aggravating just because shit is jumping out at your from every direction and it'd be nice to be able to see the crazies coming before they're bashing your head in with a wrench.

my only problem is the sound design. its great, don't get me wrong, but there's a trend in games to cover every minute little sound effect in an environment and crank the volume way up, so if you accidentally bump into a chair (which isn't hard with the zoomed in widescreen) it sounds suspiciously like somebody's comin' after you or something.

lots of fun so far and i haven't even gotten very far.

the game has already frozen up on me though, which isn't a good sign. god i hate the fucking 360 sometimes.

Archived